My computer isn't turning on anymore

Closed
KRKMB - Aug 28, 2015 at 07:36 PM
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 - Aug 28, 2015 at 10:57 PM
I have a Windows 7 from 2010, my cat spilt my lemonade on it and I cleaned it but when I press the power button, it remains off. The lights on the back of the computer are on.but the computer isn't. When the lemonade was first spilt on it I could get the computer out of sleep mode so I turned off the power strip and waited a bit to turn it on.
I need to write an essay that's due in 7 days on the computer because my grandpa's old windows doesn't know what a flash drive is.

Can someone please help me? It would be appreciated

1 response

Blocked Profile
Aug 28, 2015 at 08:14 PM
Liquid is like heat, a permanent break. You could put the laptop in a paper bag, pour about 3 pounds of rice on it (the rice acts as a desiccant), and set in a dark dry closet for about 3 days. Take the battery out of it before packing it away for its nice nap. Like I said, liquid is the WORST!
It's a desktop, not laptop so I can't do anything with rice.
My mom is going to kill me when I tell her, or I could walk about an hour and forty minutes to the library
Blocked Profile
Aug 28, 2015 at 08:25 PM
Well, that is tough. I understand it is too little, too late, but never have UNCOVERED liquids near computers, Playstations, WII's, XBOX's or any other device.

Hang in there and DO NOT HIDE it from your mother. If it is just a bad Power supply, that is cheap.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Aug 28, 2015 at 10:57 PM
You might have fried the power supply or the motherboard. The sugar in the drink will conduct electricity in strange ways perhaps making the motherboard unusable. It might cost more to have someone fix it than to buy a new computer.

Sorry for all the pain.