Help pls!! Unable to type or select fields after pc clean up

Closed
Jojo - Sep 11, 2015 at 01:35 PM
 Jojo - Sep 11, 2015 at 01:54 PM
Hello,

OK before I strangle my hubby I am attempting to fix this myself. He doesn't know what happened.

Last night I complained to him that for some reason I cannot upload my resume to certain company's career sites. He tried in Firefox and it worked fine. Perfect, all is well in the world.
However he said I had was a say too much pop ups and mallard etc and is going to clean my laptop for me. OK. Easy enough. .
Still with me?

He says he can a add cleaner, CC cleaner, malwarebytes and jrt. Whatever that all means??

Anyhow, all seems fine except now I cannot type in any browser or program. I can open browsers fine but as soon as I click in the search bar to type in a word the program freezes and forced to close it. Same happens in Firefox, IE, Chrome, Word Excel, outlook etc.... everything.

So now I am using my phone to search out what it could be. Anyone?? Help me please??

Related:

1 response

xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826
Sep 11, 2015 at 01:42 PM
I suggest you do a Windows restore back to the last checkpoint before the "clean-up". I assume your using Windows 7?
Yes. Windows. I will research how to restore.
Ideas on what would cause it. Do I just need a driver maybe? yes.... I'm clueless about pc's.
xpcman Posts 19530 Registration date Wednesday October 8, 2008 Status Contributor Last seen June 15, 2019 1,826 > Jojo
Sep 11, 2015 at 01:48 PM
Probably not a driver problem. My guess is damage to the System Registry.
Thanks xpcman!! We will run a restore and try to figure out why I am unable to upload on only some site using Chrome.

Oh, he saved the JRT list of things removed. And there were 5 registry keys removed. Probably something in there.