Browser malfunctioning

Solved/Closed
Delta - Sep 26, 2015 at 12:32 AM
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 - Sep 26, 2015 at 01:23 AM
Hello, my computer recently had a feud with my internet. I have a good internet connection, and every other device in my house is working, but the browsers on my main computer (skype and steam included) do not recognize the internet connection that i have. I am running Windows 10 and have already tried resetting my ips and whatnot in the command prompt, which didn't work. Also, I recently uninstalled hotspot shield because it was creating problems with my computer. That was when the problems started. Please help!

Related:

1 response

Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Sep 26, 2015 at 12:53 AM
Did you able to see any restore points?

To do this,

1. Do step 2, step 3, step 4, or step 5 below for how you would like to open System Restore.

2. Open the Win+X Power User Tasks Menu, click/tap on System, and go to step 6 below.

3. Open the Control Panel (icons view), click/tap on the System icon, and go to step 6 below.

4. Open the Control Panel (icons view), click/tap on the Recovery icon, click/tap on the Open System Restore link, click/tap on Yes if prompted by UAC, and go to step 9 below. (see screenshot below)

5. Open the Control Panel (icons view), click/tap on the Recovery icon, click/tap on the Configure System Restore link, and go to step 7 below. (see screenshot below)

6. Click/tap on the System protection link on the left side. (see screenshot below)

7. If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes.

8. Click/tap on the System Restore button.. (see screenshot below)

9. If this is your first time doing a System Restore, click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

10. If you had previously done a System Restore, select (dot) Choose a different restore point, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)

11. Select a restore point (ex: "System restore test") that you would like to restore Windows back to, and click/tap on the Scan for affected programs button. (see screenshot below)

Note:
If displayed, check the Show other restore points box at the bottom left corner to be able to see any older restore points (if available) that are not listed.

12. Review what will be affected by using the selected restore point. When finished, click/tap on Close.

13. When you are ready to do a System Restore with a selected restore point, click/tap on Next.

14. Click/tap on Finish to begin the System Restore.

15. Click/tap on Yes to confirm. This is your last chance to cancel the System Restore.

16. Your PC will now restart and perform a System Restore.

17. When the System Restore has completed successfully and you have signed back in to your desktop, click/tap on Close.

Warning: select the correct restore points when the problem originally start occurs.
Thanks so much! Everything is working! Cheers!
Computertech Posts 3569 Registration date Friday February 6, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen July 18, 2016 892
Sep 26, 2015 at 01:23 AM
You are welcome!