HP laptop with window vista does not start

Solved/Closed
Satish60 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday October 29, 2015 Status Member Last seen October 29, 2015 - Oct 29, 2015 at 06:03 PM
 satish - Nov 7, 2015 at 05:08 PM
My windows vista on aHP laptop does not start and the error message is Bootmgre iis compressed. When asked to press ctrl,alt and delete to restart it is doing nothing and going back to the same screen. Please help
satish
Related:

3 responses

Thanks everyone the job is done through a CD from a friend.
satish
Blocked Profile
Oct 29, 2015 at 06:08 PM
Ok, unless you have a disk with a vista image on it, you will not be able to recover from this type of error. If your pc is not prompting you to repair, you must insert a disk and prompt a repair. Or you must build a disk, and repair it from there.

That process is somewhat confusing, and can be quite complicated if you do not have access to another workstation to build the repair on.

Do you happen to have a vista disk?
Satish60 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday October 29, 2015 Status Member Last seen October 29, 2015
Oct 29, 2015 at 06:33 PM
Hi
Thanks for the prompt reply. As this is a old system I seem to have no disk. But anyhow I will try to get a disk and try to boot it. Meanwhile the internet button on the left side of the keyboard is also not turning green. Is there any way of resetting the laptop by pressing any button on the laptop.

Thanks/

Satish
Blocked Profile
Oct 29, 2015 at 06:51 PM
Look at the possibility of a USB recovery method!