Group session is Spotify's new feature that allows different people to share a DJ set-up using their own phones instead of passing around the host's phone. In this article, we explain how to set up and start a group session on Spotify.
How does Spotify group session work?
Spotify group session is a new feature that is available for Premium and Family account users. With it, you don’t have to worry about passing your phone around at a party because everyone wants to put on their own music. Using group session you can invite your friends to join and contribute to the collaborative playlist and manage it as if there were multiple DJs.
People can pick and add music to the playlist, stop it or replay from their own smartphones within one click. Every change in the playlist will be displayed instantly on other phone screens. There are no limits to the number of collaborators in Group Session for now.
How to start a Spotify group session on your cell phone?
- To start a Group Session, open Spotify and tap on the Now Playing tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Then, click on the computer and player icon and find the code under Start a group session tab.
- Show it to your friends so they can scan it with their devices (choose Scan to join) and point the camera at the code.
After the setup, everyone invited can choose what to play on their own device.
How to start a Spotify group session on your PC?
For now, you can not start a group session using your PC. Although, you can play your group sessions on your PC speakers as explained above.
How to leave a group session?
To leave a group session tap Leave Session under the In a group session tab. If you are the host and the music is playing from your device, simply click on End Session.
- Spotify group session pc
- How to start a spotify group session on pc
- How to start spotify group session on desktop
- Use Spotify as an alarm clock: on iPhone, Android > Guide
- Sort your music on Spotify: how to filter by genre and mood > Guide
- Spotify equalizers: on your phone, on your PC, best settings > Guide
- Can't access facebook on pc [solved] > Forum - Internet/Social Networks
- Pc restarting on its own
- Change Spotify password: on app, without email, with Facebook
- Delete a playlist on Spotify: from iPhone, Android, computer
- The best Spotify visualizers: for Android, iPhone, desktop
- Delete Spotify account: from Android, iPhone, desktop
- Change username on Spotify: from your desktop or cell phone
- Spotify Premium: how to get it for free, with Xbox Game Pass...
- How to find songs on Spotify using lyrics
- Listen to Spotify offline: on Apple Watch, cell phone, computer
- Spotify Wrapped 2021: date, so far, end date