Startup repair is checking your system for problems

Closed
PriscillaSkin Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday December 15, 2015 Status Member Last seen December 15, 2015 - Dec 15, 2015 at 10:16 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Dec 16, 2015 at 05:01 AM
I signed up with Avangate in October they helped me and talked me into a year of service. I started having problems a couple of weeks later. I couldn't upgrade Flashplayer. All these windows started popping up to scan and fix stuff. And then they wanted me to pay for this and that. So I would just close the windows. I got to the point that it would just kick me out of the internet. It was to frustrating. I have a life and didn't have time to try to figure out how to make them go away. Anyway I didn't touch my computer for a month. Yesterday I tried again and I could not get rid of all the windows. So I just tried to shut it down. Got a message do Not to unplug or turnoff computer until the update of 14 of 14 was finished. This morning it was still at the same place. I called the support people and she could not get hooked up to my computer remotely. There was a window and a message I could not close so I was getting scared. So a hung up and called the number i though was windows support after about an hour on the phone with this guy he showed me that I have bad files and viruses. Anyway he wanted to fix everything, but it was going to cost anyway from $200 - $500. I told him I didn't even pay $200 for the computer why would I pay for another contract. It would be easier to just buy new computer. Anyway I Am Just So Mad Just Had To vent. So.iam out $310 and computer still is not working.

Now the start up repair that took me over an hour to get into is telling me. Your computer was unable to start. Startup repair is checking your system for problems.... I am done, ready to throw this laptop in the trash. If all of this is because I have to pay for security and Antivirus software I will don't that. I'm just tired of paying for stuff that only works for a week and then they want more money. I don't mind paying for protecting my pc but I am not going to keep paying every other month.

EDIT By Moderator: I merge your two questions into single one. In future do not create multiple posts.
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Dec 16, 2015 at 05:01 AM
Hello Pris

What about trying to restore your laptop to factory settings?