I found the solution! I tried almost everything there was out there from updating my drivers, getting rid of all my downloaded content, uninstalling the game and re-installing it. But, then I found this out. All you have to do is disable Data Execution Prevention (DEP) for The Sims 3.
Go to Start > Settings > Control panel > System.
Click on the Advanced tab and in the performance section click Settings. * Click the tab for Data execution prevention and click the Option to [Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select] go to browse.
Now find where your game was installed and add
to the list. (The program may just be called TS3) Make sure it is an EXE extention (right click, go to properties and it will tell you) * Try to add all versions that you have (TS3, WA, HELS and Ambitions).
Make sure you apply the changes and reboot your system!