Need for Speed crashes on desktop

Solved
recommendspc Posts 15 Registration date Monday August 4, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 28, 2009 - Updated on Jan 9, 2019 at 07:11 AM
 GINO - Apr 4, 2015 at 05:20 AM
Hello,

I wanted to play Need for Speed Most Wanted but when the game starts, it starts crashing on desktop. Is there anything I can do to make things alright?
System Configuration: Windows XP Internet Explorer 7.0
Related:

5 responses

Hey,

I found the solution! I tried almost everything there was out there from updating my drivers, getting rid of all my downloaded content, uninstalling the game and re-installing it. But, then I found this out. All you have to do is disable Data Execution Prevention (DEP) for The Sims 3.

For Windows:
  • Go to Start > Settings > Control panel > System.
  • Click on the Advanced tab and in the performance section click Settings. * Click the tab for Data execution prevention and click the Option to [Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select] go to browse.
  • Now find where your game was installed and add
    TS3.EXE
    to the list. (The program may just be called TS3) Make sure it is an EXE extention (right click, go to properties and it will tell you) * Try to add all versions that you have (TS3, WA, HELS and Ambitions).
  • Make sure you apply the changes and reboot your system!
My bad..... didn't mean to post this here... but it might work if you use your game application instead of the sims 3 one ! :)
THANKS!
This actually worked for me too. No body has been able to help with this, even microsoft.