WD element problem

Closed
Joe - Apr 14, 2016 at 01:42 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Apr 14, 2016 at 03:17 AM
Hello,

I really need your help,i can't find my WD hard disk on my computer,I really need your help,it says that the device is working properly,but why it does not appears at the computer
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Apr 14, 2016 at 03:17 AM
Hi Joe,

Please open Disk Management and check if the drive has a proper file format and a drive letter. If there is no drive letter, right click on the drive and try to assign one. If the drive does not appear in Disk Management, I recommend you to connect it to another PC and with another USB cable. Is the situation the same?
Do you have important data on the drive? If you do not have, format the drive from Disk Management and check if this will solve the problem. If you format the drive or you have all your data backed up, use Data Lifeguard Diagnostic and check the drive for errors:

http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=Tflwdu

Hope this helps