Hacking problem

Closed
Richard Jones - Jun 10, 2016 at 04:09 PM
 Richard Jones - Jun 10, 2016 at 05:51 PM
Hello, my ex logged into my gmail account a while back. She had my password. I've since changed the password but have also had my Facebook logged into from Croatia....her home country. I've changed this password and the language settings too but I was still getting some notifications and other parts of Facebook coming through in Croatian. Sometimes in English. The browser versions of Facebook I logged into my account from were fully in Croatian. I'm fairly sure I've resolved the Facebook issue but I still get adverts on my android phone in Croatian. Despite uninstalling and then reinstalling the apps it seems to affect. Any ideas to stop this please?

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,167
Jun 10, 2016 at 04:46 PM
Hi

If the account was created on a Croatian page you will keep getting those notifications and there is nothing you can do about it.

Regards

Kuna croate
Richard Jones
Jun 10, 2016 at 04:53 PM
Thank you for your answer. The account was created in England though. It's what is so confusing. I'm far from technically minded but the whole thing still stinks. Do you mean that when the hacking happened the first time it's just stuck like that and I can't do anything about it?
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,167 > Richard Jones
Jun 10, 2016 at 05:04 PM
I would think so unless you report the account as hacked in which case it may get disabled.

Did you by any chance deleted all of your temporary files and cookies? It could help.
Richard Jones
Jun 10, 2016 at 05:51 PM
Yes I've deleted all cache, data, cookies from everything. I've basically reset my while phone! It seems it's just stuck like this.