Pen drive unable to open and format

Closed
subir - Sep 29, 2016 at 01:29 AM
R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   - Sep 30, 2016 at 04:14 AM
Hello,

For wrong downloading , my pen drive was full there have not any kb space. But now the pen drive show in computer after a long time searching. Yet the Pen drive unable to open and formate. When I click on it , searching a whole time. How do I solve it? Plz solution me.
Related:

1 response

R2D2_WD Posts 3606 Registration date Monday September 1, 2014 Status Member Last seen February 20, 2017   155
Sep 30, 2016 at 04:14 AM
Hi Subir,

Is formatting the pendrive an option? If it is, open Disk Management and check if the pendrive is correctly recognized. If it is, right click it and select format. Check again if the drive is working normally. Another way to format the drive is to run the Command Prompt as an Administrator and type the following commands:
Diskpart
List disk
Select disk n (n is the number of the drive)
Clean

Go back to Disk Management and try to format the drive.

If you need some files stored on the pendrive, I recommend you to test the pendrive on another PC. If it is still inaccessible, try using some data recovery tool. I leave you a link with some suggestions:
https://ccm.net/downloads/tools/file-management/

Hope this helps