Shotcut has all the basic functions a semi-professional video editor could wish for. The fact that Shotcut is free of charge makes it an absolute no-brainer.
Shotcut is an open-source, cross-platform video editor that is easy to use even for inexperienced people. The software comes packed with multiple functions and support for a broad range of media types. Welcome to our Shotcut download page.
- Video Filters: Shotcut Video Editor comes with over a hundred effects and filters, including various types of blurs, color graduations, lens correction, mirror, mosaic, old film, black and white, sepia and technicolor, noise reduction, saturation, dust removal, vignette, image inversion and many more.
- Green Screen Tool: This editing application comes with a function that allows you to isolate a flat color (which is generally green), eliminate it, and replace it with another background or even leave the background fully transparent.
- Transitions: It also includes the ability to fade in and fade out. You can choose from various image blending and transition effects.
- Advanced Audio: Shotcut features an audio track mixer and multiple audio filters, including balance, bass, treble, reverb, gain, channel swapping, and much more.
- Codec Independent: Shotcut is coded independent, meaning you don't have to rely on codecs in order to be able to visualize certain video formats. The software offers support for 4K and capture from SDI, HDMI, webcam, JACK audio, PulseAudio, IP Stream, etc.
How to Use Shotcut?
Shotcut is an easy-to-use video editor for non-professional users with a quite intuitive interface. Despite this, its multiple options can be overwhelming to first-time users. If you are looking for a good Shotcut tutorial to learn the basics of this software, Shotcut's official website is the place to be.
Is Shotcut Safe?
We can assure you that the Shotcut video editing software is free of malware or viruses. Shotcut has no history of security issues and it has been trusted by millions of users around the globe.
Is Shotcut Free?
Shotcut is an open source software and all of its functions are completely free of charge.
- Operating System: Windows 10, 8 or 7 (64-bits).
- Processor: Intel or AMD processor running at 2GHz or faster.
- Memory: At least 4GB RAM.
Images: © Shotcut.