Laptop would not boot up at all.

Closed
nachan - Jun 11, 2008 at 05:17 AM
 krsone - Jun 18, 2008 at 08:19 AM
Hi,
Today I was just wanting to watch the NBA finals on my computer so I was trying out differnet program, and this one program screwed up my computer with crazy virus.
I make my move quick to back up all my work and things from my computer to my external hardrive.
After doing that I used my recovery CD to re-format my computer and It was good until one point.
the computer tottaly froze so I force shut the computer my pressing the power button for like 5 seconds.
after that, when I tried to turn on my computer the power and the fan seems to be running but nothing else on the computer seems to be working. there is not boot up screen or anything. Just plane black.
I'd like to know if there's anyway for me to recover my computer.
This is my guess, that the virus killed my HD so if I just find a way to change my HD it might get fixed.
I dont know, i dont know too much about technical things about computer so, Id like to ask you all smart people to give me a hand and show me some hope.
Thank you.
Related:

1 response

Have a look in your bios and confirm that your HDD is still being picked up. If so then try and use some third party software like partition magic or Drive fitness test which you could use to zero out your drive then try again..Look at
http://www.hitachigst.com/hdd/technolo/dft/dftnew.htm ...