Gmail and lost passwords

Closed
Nymms Posts 7 Registration date Sunday September 17, 2017 Status Member Last seen September 19, 2017 - Sep 17, 2017 at 03:57 PM
Nymms Posts 7 Registration date Sunday September 17, 2017 Status Member Last seen September 19, 2017 - Sep 19, 2017 at 07:53 PM
Hello,
It is just barely possible that you can a) contact Google on the phone b) convince the support person that you are you. THIS IS THE REASON THAT YOU ALWAYS PUT CORRECT INFORMATION in your security profile. I would very strongly advise that you use a Yahoo "throwaway" account; this is a trick many old-time users still know and practice; USE YOUR ACTUAL ACCOUNT NAME in full on the new Yahoo acount or else even better store a message from you Gmail to you Yahoo that holds hints. I use 2 kinds of password managers; one is offline (I am not going to offer where or how to find it, sorry); the other an online one (which has a vault for offline usage--when Last Pass servers are down) and I just told you the name of it! Get the pro version of Last Pass so you can sync with computers. Last Pass on an S8 will load but doesn't show in the browser window and it's difficult to transfer information; true also of Tab 4, S4 and S5, I'd simply advise against it, you nearly have to use the provided password manager. Although a spreadsheet will work perfectly well as a password manager unless you encrypt it it's not useless at all, especially to successful hackers. The one I'm not naming is too old for me to advise anyone else to use it. It's about a third as old as I am and I'm 64...

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Sep 17, 2017 at 05:13 PM
Thanks Nymms

I hope that many users and members read your wise advice.
Nymms Posts 7 Registration date Sunday September 17, 2017 Status Member Last seen September 19, 2017 1
Updated on Sep 20, 2017 at 05:03 AM
Thank you. I often wonder if the tidbits I offer at @ore*** and ore***.com (blog) are used. Then again, computers are hardly the only thing I write about in my blog.