Gmail accounts can be created through a user's Google account if one already exists or by completing Gmail's simple registration process. Continue reading to discover how to create a Gmail account for yourself or for your children.
How to create a Gmail account?
- To open a Gmail account, load your web browser, and go to the Google homepage. Then, click the Gmail option located in the toolbar.
- From here, click Create an account.
- A several-page online form will appear asking for your basic information. Each time you fill in the page, continue by clicking Next. You will be asked to add your phone number, this is optional. It is possible to create a Gmail account without a phone number.
- If you have chosen to enter your number, follow the verification steps:
- Next, read the terms and conditions that appear. Finally, select the Check this box to confirm that you have read and accepted all the conditions of use..., and click Next step.
- In the introductory page of the service that appears, click I am ready to use my account to finalize your registration.
Note: Instead of adding a phone number for added security, you can add an alternative email which will be used to send two step verification codes.
How to create a Gmail account for your child?
If your kids need a Gmail account for educational or recreational purposes, you can easily create an account for them. Here's how:
- Go to Google Sign-in page and select Create Account > For my Child.
- As Google states, you can manage your child's account until your child is 13 years old. If you agree, click Yes, continue.
- Provide all the necessary information and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Sign in with your Gmail account and choose a way to provide parental consent for your child's account.
- Finally, confirm the account creation and it's done.
Can I have two Google emails?
You can create two or more Google accounts (for example, personal and work ones) and, accordingly, create multiple email addresses. Each of the email addresses will be linked to a specific Google account. You can switch between accounts without logging out and logging back in again. In this case, the default account will be the one that you created first. To switch between accounts:
- Sign in with your default Google account.
- In the top right corner you will see your available accounts. Select the account you want to use.
Note. When creating a new Google account, you can, if you wish, not create a new email address, but link your old email address to it.
How to access your Gmail inbox?
As soon as you have registered in Gmail, you will be directed to your inbox. There, you will see that you have already received your first email: a welcome email from the Gmail team.
At the top of your inbox, you'll see that three tabs have been created for you to help you in your email management: Primary, Social, and Promotions.
These filters are not mandatory — Gmail offers its users many options for inbox customization, including creating personalized filters and labels as well as a personal signature. These options may be found in your Account Settings.
What's the difference between Google, Google Plus, and Gmail?
Google is a search engine that allows you to access millions of webpages by simply entering a set of keywords. Google Plus is Google's social network that allows you to share content and connect with other Gmail users. Gmail is Google's email client that allows you to create and send email messages to your personal or professional contacts.
In creating a Gmail account, you automatically create a Google account, which allows you to access other personalized services such as YouTube, Google Play, and Google Plus.
Note: You cannot create a new Gmail account with the same ID, or Username, or mail as an already existing account.