Trouble connecting to Hotspots

Solved/Closed
Trancher Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday October 3, 2017 Status Member Last seen October 5, 2017 - Updated on Oct 3, 2017 at 05:13 PM
Trancher Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday October 3, 2017 Status Member Last seen October 5, 2017 - Oct 5, 2017 at 05:24 AM
Both my e-book reader and laptop do connect to the internet, but only at home. Elsewhere (and I travel a lot) they do not. What used to happen is that a list would appear showing wi.fi hotspots nearby (hotels and so on). I merely needed to enter the correct password to establish an internet connection. But now, that list does not appear, no matter what I try. The result is that I have been recently in two cities on my travels yet have been unable in both cases to get an internet connection.

Any help appreciated.

2 responses

Trancher Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday October 3, 2017 Status Member Last seen October 5, 2017
Oct 5, 2017 at 05:24 AM
Thank you for your response. Much appreciated. I think I have solved the problem by a circuitous method which brings up the list of available hotspots. I'll bear your solution in mind if I have further trouble.

Merci beaucoup!
Blocked Profile
Oct 4, 2017 at 04:39 PM
Ok, when you reach your destination, do hit SEARCH? Turn off, then turn on the WIFI (airplane off then on), and see if it "discovers" the newly accessible networks. Without knowing what make or model, or what OS, is it tough to try to provide a solution!