Excel worksheet

Closed
yaser - May 30, 2009 at 02:18 AM
mubashir aziz Posts 190 Registration date Sunday April 12, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 16, 2010 - Jun 3, 2009 at 02:26 AM
Hello,

I have to update the excel worksheet column which has prices of all the products. ill give the example:

I have a list that contains : item no , item code , item description , prices , unit ,......

now i have to update the price column with new prices with the help of item code, item code is like (0100258744)

but the item codes are not in proper order, i mean they are not in ascending or descending order. Now my question is Can I update the price column with the help of item code and it has to be updates according the item codes in one shot. Is this possible or i have to use anyother application. Please provide me the proper information.

waiting for your guidance and answers.

Thanks & Regards,
Yaser

4 responses

Orkt Posts 6 Registration date Friday May 29, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 22, 2009 1
May 31, 2009 at 07:34 PM
The help section of Excel (f1) shows a good example of what you are trying to do I think.
Try VLOOKUP function
at the bottom there is a example of markups. order of item codes shouldnt matter. vlookup will find them no matter of the order.
mubashir aziz Posts 190 Registration date Sunday April 12, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 16, 2010 165
Jun 1, 2009 at 02:02 AM
Do you have updated item code with price in separate sheet ???? before applying Vlookup make sure that item codes are unique in Fresh List of item code because in case of duplication vlookup will search only first appearance of item code and will not go for next .....

Salaam Mubashir,

Thanks brother for providing me the information, but I really need a good tips on how to work with excel vlookup funtion. Coz I am a basic user of MS-Excel.....if u have any steps on how to do this or any notes, any downloadable link for this it will be much helpful to me.

waiting for ur reply...

Thanks again & Regards,
Yaser
mubashir aziz Posts 190 Registration date Sunday April 12, 2009 Status Member Last seen February 16, 2010 165
Jun 3, 2009 at 02:26 AM
Walaikum Assalam,

Get some guideline from these links.................

http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=446

http://excelatwork.blogspot.com/2006/10/vlookup-tutorial-part-one-getting.html

PS. Make your proper account on kioskea as i can't send you Private Message .....