Consolidate data from multiple sheets to one sheet.

Closed
Chelseybell Posts 1 Registration date Tuesday August 8, 2017 Status Member Last seen August 8, 2017 - Updated on Aug 9, 2017 at 06:44 AM
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 - Aug 9, 2017 at 08:39 AM
Hello,

I have a workbook containing customer data (name, contact #s, addresses, etc.). The workbook is broken down into sheets according to which employee is in touch with the contact.

I'd like to have a consolidated page that combines all data from each worksheet and auto-updates as each person makes changes to their respective sheet.

I tried using the Consolidate function but it only brought over a few zip codes and left the rest of the area blank.

I changed the formatting in every sheet (including the one where i want the consolidation to occur) to 'General' and still nothing.

Please help, I've been trying to figure this out for hours and it's driving me nuts!

Thanks

1 response

vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259
Aug 9, 2017 at 06:43 AM
Hello Chelseybell,

Could you please upload a sample of your work book to a free file sharing site such as Drop Box and then post the link to your file back here. Be careful with any sensitive data.

It would be easier for us to run some tests in your sample in order to determine how to best solve this for you.

Please also supply us with a clear and precise explanation of what you would like to do with inputs and expected results.

Which column will be the key to firing the update process?

Cheerio,
vcoolio.
vcoolio,
now that I've slept on it I decided to just go another route. Thanks for the response though!!
vcoolio Posts 1404 Registration date Thursday July 24, 2014 Status Moderator Last seen September 15, 2023 259 > Chelseybell1
Aug 9, 2017 at 08:39 AM
OK. Thanks for letting us know.

We'd be interested in you sharing your resolution with us though.

Cheerio,
vcoolio.