Scanning issues Samsung [Closed]

- - Latest reply: ac3mark
Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
December 10, 2018
- Jul 16, 2018 at 04:37 PM
Dear all, I have an scanning issue with the printer/scanner Xpress M2070W. After the reinstall of OS, the reconnection of the printer did not work as it should. I can print, I cn scan to jpeg via Devices Win menu, however previously I had a possibility to scan to PDF an the setting was done directly on printer:

Scan To --> Scan to PC --> Local PC (and then format setting and start. 

Now (after the reinstall) after OKeing "Local PC" it says "Connecting..." and after that "not available". I tried to reinstall drivers, reconnect physically, run some fixing tools and nothing worked.

Can you help, please?
See more 

7 replies

Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Last seen
November 22, 2018
Thank you
What is your operating system?
Sorry, WIN 7
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Last seen
November 22, 2018
Thank you
I suggest you download these drivers and install them:

http://www.samsungdrivers.net/samsung-m2070w-driver/
Thank you
Nope, did not helped. It was already installed. I tried to reinstall, but it still does the same :-(
Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Last seen
November 22, 2018
Thank you
Sorry about that, I suggest that you contact Samsung support. You should have a contact number in your ownner's manual.
Thank you
I will try. Thanks anyway!
Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
December 10, 2018
Thank you
If you are initiating the scan from the scanner itself (like a one button scan type of process), then you have to re-install the scanner suite software to "receive" the commands from the scanner!

Make sense?

I am certain, that if you can print to the device, then you can probably initiate a scan from your PC, just not from the scanner. Is that the situation?
Hi ac3mark,

This is the exact problem I'm having as you described.

Any solutions you can suggest?
Thanks!
Thank you
Thanks a lot for chipping in. I can initiate the scan from computer, however Samsung Easy Printer Manager does not allow to scan to PDF. The thing is that it was working before reinstall and it is not working now and it is driving me crazy :-).

I came to the same conclusion that when I can print and scan from the computer there is definitely a connection, I just do not understand why it is not working as it worked until now...
ac3mark
Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
December 10, 2018
-
The configurations and settings for default products are buried. It is a configurable setting though, and I encourage you to keep looking for the right drop down!