NO BIOS beep; machine not starting

Closed
manik - Jun 2, 2009 at 04:53 AM
 GJain - Dec 16, 2010 at 08:48 AM
Hello,

I have a machine that was running fine even a couple of days back. But since yesterday onwards all of a sudden the machine doesn't start up. PC configuration: 512MB RAM, Windows XP, SP2. When I start the PC there is no beep sound at the start up, and even no display. But when i remove the RAM, the beep sounds continuously. so that means the processor is fine. and also i have removed the RAM and checked it on another machine - it works fine.

Please help me diagnose the problem
Related:

8 responses

nfa82 Posts 8 Registration date Tuesday March 17, 2009 Status Member Last seen July 16, 2009 7
Jun 2, 2009 at 06:53 AM
Hye please disconnect all your device (USB devices), Printers, External HDD etc...

Then restart it only with the keyboard, mouse and screen!

Then check if the pc starts!
Hey thanks for your suggestion. But the problem is that the keyword of the PC itself runs on USB. So do i need to disconnect that also?

Thanks.
Hello and sorry for disturbing,

I just want to ask you if your problem that u had while u are starting ur PC is solved and what was the problem.
Is it motherboard or Power supply?

i have the same problem today,
Yesterday i turned of the PC and today i cannot started
when i click to turn it on there is only the van running but NO beep and then nothing happened.
Can someone help me in this issue or just tell me if it is from the power supply?

Thank you in advance.
Regards
King_Kong Posts 89 Registration date Wednesday May 20, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 28, 2010 16
Jun 2, 2009 at 11:24 PM
Your power supply or motherboard might be dead. Consider testing them.
fullsaver Posts 8 Registration date Saturday March 28, 2009 Status Member Last seen June 16, 2009 16
Jun 3, 2009 at 04:46 AM
hi,
this may be a power supply problem.
get another one to see if this solves the problem.
you may try this link to get help:
http://ccm.net/faq/sujet 344 how to recognize beep errors
Hello,

i ahve the sma e problem today,
Yesterday i turned of the PC and today i cannot started
when i click to turn it on there is only the van running but NO beep and then nothing happened.
Can someone help me in this issue or just tell me if it is from the power supply?

Thank you
Regards
King_Kong Posts 89 Registration date Wednesday May 20, 2009 Status Member Last seen May 28, 2010 16
Aug 26, 2009 at 03:03 PM
You would have to swap your power supply with a working one in order to test it. I, and I am sure everyone else too, cannot use ToIP (Telekinesis over Internet Protocol) to figure out what is wrong with your computer.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
chq your ram
Hello,

I have a machine that was running fine even a couple of days back. But since yesterday onwards all of a sudden the machine doesn't start up. PC configuration: 256MB RAM, Windows XP, SP2. When I start the PC there is no beep sound at the start up, and even no display.

Please help me diagnose the problem
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Oct 8, 2010 at 06:36 AM
Hello Pick

Is your fan running?
I had the same problem. The cable from the power supply to the motherboard was loose. Try checking for loose connections and tighten them :)