Ads Designed to Distract, Confuse and Waste Precious Time

Closed
JJD - Jan 5, 2018 at 12:29 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Jan 5, 2018 at 05:52 PM
Hello,
I have been trying to download an update of the flash player on my computer, and it has been a harrowing experience. A ferocious war waged by advertisers for space on my computer is horrific; they assault and block the path to accomplishing my goal, cause me aggravation, waste my Time. Honestly, these methods are so disgusting, I would patronize ANYONE ELSE, not to support these techniques. I hope more people boycott companies/products employing such techniques; and that these moronic, greedy, pesty ads generate losses instead of profits.

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Jan 5, 2018 at 04:18 PM
Hello

You have no doubt downloaded and installed malware from a malicious site.

Download and run Adwcleaner and it will fix your problem.

https://ccm.net/downloads/security-and-maintenance/6911-adwcleaner/
Hello, Ambucias.
Too early to tell if the problem is resolved, but, per your suggestion, I installed Malwarebytes adcleaner latest version a few minutes ago. Do I need anything else, like Avast? A huge Thanks for your advice!
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171 > JJD
Jan 5, 2018 at 05:52 PM
Hi

Just adwcleaner would do the job.

Now, I don't know what antivirus suite you have on your computer. You should have only one good antivirus, more than one can create conflicts and put your system at risk, yet slow it down, produce false positives.

Happy to help you.

Ambucias
CCM Moderator/ Virus Security Contributor