Website Link Blocked due to Community Standards

Closed
pidginrally Posts 2 Registration date Monday January 15, 2018 Status Member Last seen January 15, 2018 - Jan 15, 2018 at 02:54 AM
 Blocked Profile - Jan 15, 2018 at 04:42 PM
Hello,

I've been having some issues with Facebook lately in regard to an external website link I'm using on a facebook business account. They've basically blocked me from using the website in posts due to it not meeting the facebook community standards. I've reviewed the community standards, and also checked the link for malicious activity - and I don't seem to be breaking any rules.

I've used the developer form a few times to request a review, but currently, to no avail, and the debugger is not providing any information as the website is listed as 'blocked'.

I'm trying to get some additional information on how to protest this, or what the rules are around these blockages - as it's been a few months now.

I would appreciate any information I could get. Thank you so much for the help in advance!

Best

3 responses

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Jan 15, 2018 at 05:13 AM
Sorry we can't help you as we don't know anything about the website to which you are referring to.
pidginrally Posts 2 Registration date Monday January 15, 2018 Status Member Last seen January 15, 2018
Jan 15, 2018 at 08:33 AM
Oh, it was pretty late when I posted this. I'll try to edit the original - but it's www.pidginrally.com (FB account is the same just Pidgin Rally).

Thanks
Blocked Profile
Jan 15, 2018 at 12:13 PM
They can do whatever they want. Perhaps you need to contact them to see why? We have NOTHING to do with them!
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Jan 15, 2018 at 04:34 PM
Perhaps it's the way you are doing it.

Look at CCM's Facebook page, the link to the website is in the title of each article.

Again to read the article, the link is shortened.

https://www.facebook.com/CCM.US

Note that CCM never writes its website url.
Or its the generic WORDPRESS website, that has NO TERMS of usage, or anything regarding who you are.

When there are only two links to click on and one is a registration, it doesn't look good. You need more links, to things like who your organization is, stuff like that. How do the registrants contact you? There is NO "Contact Us" page. It looks like a SCAM! You have placed no actual address to verify you are who you are! But the event description says a whole bunch about how safe everyone will be, but you have not provided any details of how you will provide safety! Once again, no disrespect, but it does NOT look like an INDUSTRY standard SITE!

When a quote is found that says:
"“A set route in an ever–changing China can only lead to misfortune.”

or:
"Never fear though, we will eventually find our way to Shanghai"

That does not bring confidence, as you show a set route of the race! Pick another quote to gain confidence!