The Facebook app allows you to keep track of your friends with a location-based feature called Nearby Friends. Read on to discover how to set up Nearby Friends on your mobile.
How to enable the Nearby Friends option?
Nearby Friends is a Facebook feature that allows you to see who among your friends is nearby so you can meet each other easily. The option can be enabled or disabled for every person using the Facebook app depending on the privacy preferences of each user.
To enable the Nearby Friends option, you need to turn on your Location services by going to Settings, next Applications, then Facebook, and finally, Permission and Location and turn the location services on if you are using Android.
If you use an iOS device, go to Settings, click Privacy, choose Location Services, select Facebook, and turn the location services On by clicking on While Using the App.
Next, open the Facebook app and tap on three horizontal lines in the top right corner. Choose Nearby Friends.
You can choose who you’d like to share your location with. Tap on the Share location with tab and select whether it will be your Facebook friends, Specific friends that you can select, Friends except for some people you don’t want to know your exact location, or Only me if you decided to not use the option. Finally, accept the prompt to enable the location history and tap Turn On.
Finally, you will see your friends' location on a map and your Facebook friends, who also enabled the option, will see yours as well.
Note: The Nearby Friends feature is only available on Android and iOS devices, but not on the web.
How to invite friends to join?
Tap on Invite Friends displayed at the bottom of your screen to invite other people to try out this feature.
How to disable Nearby Friends for all friends?
To disable the feature, simply tap on the gear icon and select Turn Off Nearby Friends.
Don’t forget to turn off location services on Facebook if you don’t want to continue using Nearby Friends feature.
Can't log into Facebook says that my password is wrong [Solved/Closed]
Hello, I am unable to log into my Facebook. It says that my password is wrong. I have tried resetting it many times and it never sends me the emai...
I can't open my Facebook profile [Solved/Closed]
Hello, I can log on I can see all the other features on my page but when I try to open my profile it says that it has an Error and that they are tryin...
Facebook Home page won't load [Solved/Closed]
I've seen other messags like mine, but I haven't been able to solve this problem... I have a desktop Emachines computer, and I'm using Windows XP. ...
I need the facebook in english [Solved/Closed]
Hello, I need the facebook in english. I went through the system given advices as well. But the problem is as I typ www.facebook.com, everything is ...
Not getting Facebook confirmation email [Solved/Closed]
Hello, I made my account on Yahoo mail as well as on Facebook, but I have not received the confirmation email in which the confirmation link is giv...
cannot connect to my facebook page [Solved/Closed]
Hello, Whenever I try to log onto my facebook page it doesnt work! After filling out my email and password, and press login, I always get an error me...
Facebook login in english [Solved]
Hello, i am based in the united arab emirates. when I go to the facebook login page it always shows the arabic version.i cannot read a word. how do ...
I can't access my facebook profile [Solved/Closed]
Hello, I can't get into my facebook profile for the past few hour and this is making go CRAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZY!!!!
Problem with confirmation code at Facebook [Solved/Closed]
Hello, I can't find the confirmation mail to get my code for log in at Facebook. System Configuration: Windows XP Internet
Facebook confirmation code [Solved/Closed]
Hello, what is my confirmation code?Configuration: Windows Vista Internet Explorer 7.0
- Nearby friends facebook
- Can we transfer free fire account from facebook to google
- Wwww.facebook.com login
- Not logged in please login to continue facebook [solved] > Forum - Facebook
- Facebook code generator not sending sms [solved] > Forum - Facebook
- Send voice messages on Messenger: for iPhone and Android
- Download audio from Messenger: on PC and mobile
- How to turn off the auto refresh on the Facebook app
- How to turn off private messages on your Facebook page
- How to insert special characters into a Facebook post
- How to delete Facebook browsing history on Android
- What is Vanish mode on Messenger?
- How to use Messenger without a Facebook account
- Recover a blocked Facebook account due to birth date change
- How to auto-save photos in Facebook Messenger
- Block someone on Facebook Messenger: iPhone and Android
- How to turn off notifications on Facebook Messenger
- How to recover a Facebook account
- Appear offline on Facebook Messenger: iPhone, Android
- Primary Facebook email: change, add, and remove it
- Facebook account review: how long does it take?
- Facebook confirmation code not received: what to do
- How to recover a disabled or locked Facebook account