Matchpoint score

Solved/Closed
whatsit - Updated on Feb 4, 2018 at 05:14 PM
Mazzaropi Posts 1985 Registration date Monday August 16, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 24, 2023 - Feb 5, 2018 at 05:17 AM
hello
I hope that someone can help me. I have an excel sheet in which I record scores of teams and I would like a formula to calculate the points accumulated by each team. I have sent a sample spreadsheet to "sendspace" under reference www.sendspace.com/file/966gft.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Related:

3 responses

Mazzaropi Posts 1985 Registration date Monday August 16, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 24, 2023 147
Feb 4, 2018 at 09:11 AM
whatsit, Good morning.

The layout of your spreadsheet does not help with anything to do calculations.
You will need two types of formulas because of the positioning of the columns.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/qg1kgi

Team data 7, 9 and 10 are strange.
Nothing was said about "goal difference".

Please review your spreadsheet and tell us if your data is really correct.
--
Belo Horizonte, MG - Brasil.
Marcílio Lobão
Hello
Thank you for your response. If it helps in formula calculation then columns may be changed around with no problem .For example The "Points" scoring column may be moved to column M. As for Teams 7 , 9 and 10 is concerned the goal difference is that for example, Team 7 only lost to Team 2 by 2 goals and so beats Team 6 which lost to Team 1 by 5 goals and Team 10 lost to Team 5 by 3 goals. So Team 7 performed better than these two teams(10 and 6) and so gets points. Similarly with Teams 9 and 10. I hope that I have made it clearer for you. Thank you for your help.
Mazzaropi Posts 1985 Registration date Monday August 16, 2010 Status Contributor Last seen May 24, 2023 147
Feb 4, 2018 at 12:30 PM
whatsit, Good afternoon.

I do not understand well about games.

Check the new suggestion in the worksheet.
The complete formula meets your needs.
https://www.sendspace.com/file/drnf7u

However, I do not know if it is possible, in terms of games, to perform the calculations based solely on the number of goals.

If this is possible simply use the second part of the complete formula and the new goal table created.

Please, tell us if it worked as you wish.
I hope I've helped.
--
Marcílio Lobão
Thank you for your response. Using Goal Difference as you suggest I managed to get the formula to work. I appreciate your help. Thank you.
Feb 5, 2018 at 05:17 AM
whatsit, Good morning.

Glad to have helped you.

Any questions just come around here, there will always be some people willing to help.
--
Marcílio Lobão