Gmail application character encoding setting

Closed
Metsis Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday February 7, 2018 Status Member Last seen February 8, 2018 - Feb 7, 2018 at 11:42 AM
Metsis Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday February 7, 2018 Status Member Last seen February 8, 2018 - Feb 8, 2018 at 01:37 AM
Hello!

I'm admin for email list hosted on a mailing service. There seems to be no settings for character encoding there; IIUC, the encoding is set by the sender and the list just flushes it through. There are some users, whose messages are garbled (the language is not English), because their messages are us-ascii encoded rather than utf-8.

At least some senders of those garbled messages use Gmail application on Android. As I don't myself have an Android phone, I don't know where you can set the encoding. Screen shots appreciated.
Related:

1 response

Blocked Profile
Feb 7, 2018 at 04:37 PM
There is nothing you can do, this is all server side, and developer have to trap this. If you are having issue, tell them, they can fix, we cannot!
Metsis Posts 2 Registration date Wednesday February 7, 2018 Status Member Last seen February 8, 2018
Feb 8, 2018 at 01:37 AM
I was afraid of this. Thank you anyway!

I have already opened a support ticket on the mailing service. Let's hope they can solve my issue, why some users fail to confirm the invitation, which seems to be caused of these garbled messages. Yes, I've seen it myself.