Internet explorer popup while offline

Closed
matt - Jun 5, 2009 at 02:04 PM
Trying2 Posts 7096 Registration date Saturday July 12, 2008 Status Security contributor Last seen October 14, 2015 - Jun 5, 2009 at 04:43 PM
hey there,

so i have a slight problem with a windows internet explorer pop up that keeps showing up every 5 minutes and it says "Do you really want go out?" and it has two options "ok" or "cancel" i just "alt-f4" the window every time and everytime another window pops up right after and it says,

"are you sure you want to navigate from this page?"

"false"

"press ok to continue, or press cancel to stay on the current page."

and i "alt-f4" that window as well.

the main problem is, is that the window shows up every 2 minutes and they keep accumulating until there is either 8 or 10 windows open. the strangest thing about it is that i am not even connected to the internet at all. any way to help get rid of this?

and also my pc has this pop up window with my protection program that says i have some worm called "Win32.brontok" and i cant figure out a way to get rid of it.

if anyone can help out to get rid of these 2 things that would be great.

Thanks you for reading this,
matt
Related:

1 response

Trying2 Posts 7096 Registration date Saturday July 12, 2008 Status Security contributor Last seen October 14, 2015
Jun 5, 2009 at 04:43 PM
Hi,

I need to to a little diagnose on your pc so:

- Download Random's System Information Tool (RSiT) (by random / random) on your desktop.

- Double-click on RSIT.exe to launch the program.

- Click Continue to display Disclaimer.

-If the tool HijackThis (updated version) is not present or not detected on your computer, download the RSiT (allows access to your firewall, if requested) and you 'll have to accept the license.

- When the scan is complete, two text files will open. Post the contents of log.txt (it's the one that appears on the screen) as well as Info.txt (you will find it in the taskbar) in two different messages.

See you.