Multiple error messages while installing win7

Closed
thisisthethinghereasyoucanseeinmyhaircut Posts 2 Registration date Saturday March 31, 2018 Status Member Last seen April 2, 2018 - Updated on Apr 2, 2018 at 06:12 AM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Apr 2, 2018 at 04:30 PM
Waddup peeps,

I have got a problem that I have been trying to solve for about a week. On my ASUS X540SA (Originally Win10 installed),

RAM: 4096 MB; BIOS Vendor: American Megatrends; BIOS Version: 207; Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU N3050 d 1.60GHz

I had Kali Linux installed. After some time I wanted Windows 7, so I downloaded an iso image and created a bootable USB drive. I popped it in and after the windows files loaded I got a BSOD. It said:

-------------------------------
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to be sure you have adequate disk space. If a driver is identified in the Stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. Try changing video adapters.

Check with your hardware vendor for any BIOS updates. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use Safe Mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information: *** STOP: 0x0000007e (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0x0000000000000000, 0xFFFFF880009A8E58, 0xFFFFF880009A86B0)

I have already tried the following:

• Restarted

• Install FreeDOS and then tried to install Windows 7 again

So after I had installed FreeDOS and afterwards trying to install Windows 7, the windows files loaded and there was no BSOD, but the following message appeared:

Windows Boot Manager Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:

Insert your Windows installation disc and restart your computer.
choose your language settings, and click "next"
Click "Repair your computer." If you do not have this disc, contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance.
File:windows/system32/boot/winload.exe

Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

Afterwards I tried to install windows 10 because many users wrote that it is not possible to install windows 7. After I popped in the usb drive and booted from it, this popped up:

Recovery

Your PC needs to be repaired

The operating system couldn't be loaded because the system registry file is missing or contains errors.

File: \windows\system32\config\system Error Code: 0xc000000d

You'll need to use the recovery tools on your installation media. If you don't have any installation media (like a disc or USB device), contact your system administrator or PC manufacturer.

Press Enter to try again
Press F8 for Startup Settings

After pressing these buttons the screen just refreshed and showed the same message again.

You must know hat this message popped up directly after the windows logo appeared. It did not appear after the language selection menu of the windows setup.

Thanks a lot for taking your time to help me out here. I hope y’all can find a solution.
Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168
Apr 2, 2018 at 06:40 AM
Hi

Allow me to say, what a mess!

Downgrading from win10 to win7 is the worst idea you have had that day.

The error: STOP: 0x0000007e just showed a hardware issue with win7.

I question the reason for installing FreeDos, FreeDos is for playing classic DOS games, to run legacy business software, or to develop embedded systems.

To reinstall windows 10 from a usb instead of using the recovery image was another mistake

Seems that you succeeded in corrupting your registry.

You can try to factory reset, hoping you can access the recovery image.

Good luck

Here is one way to factory reset an Asus laptop

Start your Netbook and press the F9 key on your keyboard until you see a loading screen.

The restoration program prepares the files needed for the operation.
A message appears asking if you want to perform the operation.
You will lose all files on your machine.
Confirm by clicking ?.
The restore process is done automatically, without any human intervention.
At the end of restoration, the machine will reboot on its own and make configurations.
A restart is performed again, and you find yourself on the setup process of Windows, same as the first boot after buying.
thisisthethinghereasyoucanseeinmyhaircut Posts 2 Registration date Saturday March 31, 2018 Status Member Last seen April 2, 2018
Apr 2, 2018 at 06:52 AM
Thank you for the answer, but I did not downgrade from win 7 to win 10. After win 10 I had kali linux installed. Sadly nothing happens when I press F9 and I do not get to the restoration program.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,168 > thisisthethinghereasyoucanseeinmyhaircut Posts 2 Registration date Saturday March 31, 2018 Status Member Last seen April 2, 2018
Apr 2, 2018 at 04:30 PM
You did write:"(Originally Win10 installed)," from what I have read, ASUS X540SA came with either Windows 8 or Win 10 (OEM).

The iso win7 image you downloaded was also corrupted. In any event, since it was not purchased it would not have worked.

Looks like you recovery image is also corrupted.

Sorry, I don't know what else I can do for you.