Password recovery loop

Closed
IoanaDianaIspas - Apr 21, 2018 at 08:14 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Apr 22, 2018 at 05:07 AM
Hello,

I have been trying to regain access to my email address for a while now. It would tell me that my password is incorrect even if I input the correct password and to make it even more frustrating the recovery helper is a continuous loop as if the recovery email has the same issue corect password but not recognised, then the only conclusion is that I am locked out from 2 accounts I had for years and no one cares enough to offer support with this recovery loop from the automated system.
Please if anyone managed to change the recovery information or reset the email address/password share the way it can be done.
Thank you

Related:

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,170
Apr 22, 2018 at 05:07 AM
Unfortunately, if, when you created the account, you have not registered an alternate recovery email address to which you have access to receive an account key, you cannot prove that you are the account's legitimate owner. Hence account recovery is absolutely impossible and there is no way around it.