May 10, 2018
-
Registration date
Thursday May 10, 2018
Status
Last seen
May 10, 2018
-
I recently purchased an EPIK 11.6″ Chromebook on May 8, 2018 of the Walmart website and just received it today, May 10, 2018. After I plugged the charger into the Chromebook, it came on normally and allowed me to input my wi-fi, email, etc. But only after I allowed the laptop to update the Chrome OS, the screen turned black.

Thinking that it was dead as I just received it today, I allowed it to charge for over five hours. The light next to the charging port was green, so I pressed the power button to turn it back on. The white light on the power button flashed briefly, but the Chromebook did not power back on. I held it down for thirty seconds and everything.

I went to online forums that dealt with similar issues (but not with the same model Chromebook that I have), and none have been able to help me as it doesn't come on at all. I have emailed the manufacturers at epiklearning.com, but I have yet to receive a response from them.

The email that I received from Walmart after I placed my order has given me until Sunday, May 13, 2018 to return the device, but I want to be certain that there is something that can be done or not before I attempt to return it.

1 reply

Registration date
Monday February 1, 2010
Status
Last seen
October 22, 2020
Hi

From what you have explained, it would be most wise to return the Chromebook to Waltmart. No questions will be asked.

Good luck

P.S. Chromebooks have flaws, I would got for another brand of laptop.
Registration date
Thursday May 10, 2018
Status
Last seen
May 10, 2018

Thanks for the response! After I called the company, they told me to return it to Walmart also, so that's what I'm about to do. And I have owned two Chromebooks prior to the one I bought recently and they worked out well for me. Guess I just got unlucky.