Recently Purchased Chromebook Will Not Turn On

Closed
IHJ Posts 2 Registration date Thursday May 10, 2018 Status Member Last seen May 10, 2018 - May 10, 2018 at 05:59 PM
IHJ Posts 2 Registration date Thursday May 10, 2018 Status Member Last seen May 10, 2018 - May 10, 2018 at 06:46 PM
I recently purchased an EPIK 11.6″ Chromebook on May 8, 2018 of the Walmart website and just received it today, May 10, 2018. After I plugged the charger into the Chromebook, it came on normally and allowed me to input my wi-fi, email, etc. But only after I allowed the laptop to update the Chrome OS, the screen turned black.

Thinking that it was dead as I just received it today, I allowed it to charge for over five hours. The light next to the charging port was green, so I pressed the power button to turn it back on. The white light on the power button flashed briefly, but the Chromebook did not power back on. I held it down for thirty seconds and everything.

I went to online forums that dealt with similar issues (but not with the same model Chromebook that I have), and none have been able to help me as it doesn't come on at all. I have emailed the manufacturers at epiklearning.com, but I have yet to receive a response from them.

The email that I received from Walmart after I placed my order has given me until Sunday, May 13, 2018 to return the device, but I want to be certain that there is something that can be done or not before I attempt to return it.

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
May 10, 2018 at 06:43 PM
Hi

From what you have explained, it would be most wise to return the Chromebook to Waltmart. No questions will be asked.

Good luck

P.S. Chromebooks have flaws, I would got for another brand of laptop.
IHJ Posts 2 Registration date Thursday May 10, 2018 Status Member Last seen May 10, 2018
May 10, 2018 at 06:46 PM
Thanks for the response! After I called the company, they told me to return it to Walmart also, so that's what I'm about to do. And I have owned two Chromebooks prior to the one I bought recently and they worked out well for me. Guess I just got unlucky.