Separating records by relocating cells

Closed
Heahn Posts 1 Registration date Sunday August 19, 2018 Status Member Last seen August 19, 2018 - Updated on Aug 19, 2018 at 05:17 AM
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 - Aug 28, 2018 at 12:16 PM
Hello All,

I need to automate the following process:

I've an excel worksheet that is (columns x rows) 19 x 260 size, arranged as follows;

ITEM CODE ITEM DESCRIPTION Package Manufacturer Model Dimensions (mm)
_________________________________________________________________________________________________
ANAPH64 Blood Gas, MF Siemens Rapidpoint 90 x 80 x 150

Mounting Type Weight Heat Gain Power Volt Current Power Source Phase Remarks
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Wall fixed 15 Kgs 854 264 230 1 Normal 1 N/A

Data Port QTY Plumbing Connection Pressure

I put it here on 3 parts due to limited space.
I need to do two main actions:
First, to automatically create a separate worksheet for each item code, and name the worksheet using the item code, so that I'll end up with a 260 newly created worksheets.
Second, each worksheet of those just created will have a form (already designed) to have same headings as above BUT in different distribution, and it looks like a template page or a one-page report to summarize specs of each item.
Hope my language is clear.
I tried to take a screen shot and paste here to show clearly what I mean, but I couldn't do that.

Thanks so much...
Heahn

1 response

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Aug 28, 2018 at 12:16 PM
Hi Heahn,

So the headers of the newly created sheets will have the same amount of columns but in a different order? What would that order be?

You can use the 'mountain' icon above the message body to post images. You can also find a free file sharing site to upload your file (careful with sensitive data) and then post the download link here.

Best regards,
Trowa