Copy 5 rows at a time from the master workbook

Closed
RickAK1 Posts 4 Registration date Friday August 17, 2018 Status Member Last seen August 17, 2018 - Updated on Aug 17, 2018 at 04:27 PM
RickAK1 Posts 4 Registration date Friday August 17, 2018 Status Member Last seen August 17, 2018 - Aug 17, 2018 at 07:18 PM
Hello,

Is it possible to copy 5 rows of data from the master workbook at a time?

I have approximately 10 sub workbooks where I would like each sub workbook to copy 5 rows of data at a time from the master workbook. Everytime a new row of data is transferred across, slowly moving down the column.

For example

sub workbook 1 copies row 1 - 5 (when needed)

Sub workbook 2 copies row 6 -10 (when needed)

And so on... so whoever works and opens the sub workbook doesn't copy the same data from the other sub workbooks

Really appreciate your help

If this is possible. How would I be able to do this through a command button or VBA?

Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
Aug 17, 2018 at 05:03 PM
I have a question: As each row gets written to a different sheet, does it get removed from the master?
RickAK1 Posts 4 Registration date Friday August 17, 2018 Status Member Last seen August 17, 2018
Updated on Aug 17, 2018 at 05:08 PM
Hi ac3mark,

For a 'trail' I would like it not to be removed... if anything it would be awesome if the master workbook highlighted that it has been transferred to a different sub workbook and which one... (that would be luxury)

:-D thanks for looking into this for me :-D
So describe what the function of this Sheet is. How is it being used? Does a manager open it up, make a placement, then put it back on the shelf for workers to react to the new list? Please explain how it is being used, as it is the weekend, and I was really looking forward to playing World of Warships tonight! :)

Just joking. I will poke at it, to have TrowaD come along and make a much better product!
RickAK1 Posts 4 Registration date Friday August 17, 2018 Status Member Last seen August 17, 2018
Aug 17, 2018 at 05:15 PM
I guess the idea is that the master workbook constantly gets added new ' account details ' for the other guys to keep requesting a new 5 and keep plowing through and do what they need to.

Once they have worked the first 5, they can/will request a new 5 to get at...

I hope that makes sense :-/
Blocked Profile
Aug 17, 2018 at 06:46 PM
What if we built a Database instead? Tickets stored on a table. Values of all sorts can be on the table. Each ticket has its set of parameters, that can be queried upon in order to distribute the work load? If you are willing to code VBA, then setting up a DB isn't that much further. Excel is for calculations and such, data analysis. It sounds to me this sounds like a storage place you are asking for.

Just an idea. I can help out.
Blocked Profile
Aug 17, 2018 at 06:56 PM
Let me explain my solution. The coding you are asking for, is already built into a DB. A DB is Portable. The DB can be in different states at different times, and always OPEN. A spreadsheet(file), can only be opened by one user at a time. I am referring to a file, not a cloud based solution (which are NOT code friendly). You can EASILY report on a DB, not so much with Excel, unless you have structured the spreadsheet for Print and not for Function. You can print forms from the same DB. This may be the exact forms that are needed for QA? The value in exploring a DB is far greater than the learning curve of VBA. You should not need any VBA for what you wish to do using a DB.
Aug 17, 2018 at 07:18 PM
You have blown my mind :O

Where do I start? Where do we begin? How? What where?

This is something new and exciting!!!