Thread stuck in device driver

Closed
Kartswag Posts 1 Registration date Saturday October 6, 2018 Status Member Last seen October 6, 2018 - Updated on Oct 6, 2018 at 05:22 PM
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 - Oct 6, 2018 at 05:31 PM
Hello,
So i was doing my work on my computer like normal. I have in the past gotten Thread stuck in driver messages, but paid no heed to them as they weren't that frequent. However, this time the blue screen appeared, and then my computer restarted, but this time there was nothing on the screen. This perplexed me, so I shut down the computer using the power button. I looked at another thread that had a similar issue and tried the solutions provided to no avail. I am very agitated and scared as I recently built this desktop a couple months ago and it was top of the end. All of a sudden, it stopped working. The error message was “Thread stuck in device driver”

Please, I would be extremely thankful if any of you guys can provide a fix. I use an HDMI cable betw my monitor and graphics card. Its an AMD RX 580.

1 response

Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,171
Oct 6, 2018 at 05:31 PM
If you are using Windows 10. The Windows 10 Thread Stuck In Device Driver error is caused by a driver file being caught in an endless loop while it waits for the hardware to enter idle state. This is usually a driver problem and rarely hardware. Thankfully, a driver or BIOS update can fix it.

THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER blue screen error probably was caused by faulty video card driver or damaged video card.

Try to boot in safe mode to conduct the fix.