Ctc makerbot 3d printing problem

Closed
rcdemons Posts 6 Registration date Monday October 29, 2018 Status Member Last seen October 30, 2018 - Oct 30, 2018 at 04:43 PM
 Anonymous User - Oct 30, 2018 at 05:33 PM
i all this is my first message so please dont be too hard on me. I bought a ctc 3d printer a few years back and due to health problems oh im just going to say it i had an accident in work the ended with most of my leg below the knee was amputated. Its been hard im not going to lie but thats not why im here. I set the printer up the other day went through all the leveling process and got as far as print from sd card only the card reader doesnt work so i cant use it. is there someone out there who can help me out please
Related:

6 responses

rcdemons Posts 6 Registration date Monday October 29, 2018 Status Member Last seen October 30, 2018
Oct 30, 2018 at 05:07 PM
thank you for your reply but im a child of the seventies and my it skills are terrible and because i dont know what im doing im a bit scared of messing it up and then i keep hearing about a slicer i kind of understand the principal but not the practical
Anonymous User
Oct 30, 2018 at 05:14 PM
Hey Paul! Aren't Mark and I super nice?
Blocked Profile
Oct 30, 2018 at 05:08 PM
Sorry to hear about the accident.

What error does it give? Or, does it not know what to do with your file format? Perhaps the file you are trying to print is in a format that is not supported by the printer. Lets start with that first.

Then if you find that that is working right, GO TO THE HARDWARE site and see if they have an example file. Place that onto the same CARD. Does it read that one?
Anonymous User
Oct 30, 2018 at 05:09 PM
Greetings,

Now why would be hard on you with or without your amputated leg ?

Anyway, congratulations, you are the very first member to ask a question about a 3D printer on this forum. You win a virtual Guinness!

Your printer is a Chinese low-budget 3D printer a copy cat of Makerbot, it a good machine but it needs a lot of upgrades to function properly. Have you done such upgrades?

You must realize that it's difficult to provide support for clones as often they are exactly the same as the original machine.

However, when card reader is malfunctioning, the bug could be with the card or the card reader brass points got dirty or corroded and should be gently cleaned.

Good luck and God save the Queen.
rcdemons Posts 6 Registration date Monday October 29, 2018 Status Member Last seen October 30, 2018
Oct 30, 2018 at 05:11 PM
no its the reader for definite
Oct 30, 2018 at 05:15 PM
ive heard that there are programs you can have that it will print from my pc is this right or do i have to buy a new printer

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
Blocked Profile
Oct 30, 2018 at 05:16 PM
I am not certain where this thread is, but if it def the reader, as stated above, the hardware may need "modern" tweeking if it has been on the shelf for any given amount of time.
Oct 30, 2018 at 05:18 PM
yes it just sat in its box for at least 3 yeaers
Your cloned printer has an SD card USB connectivity only. There is no pc software.