System link wired

Solved/Closed
avonall - Apr 1, 2019 at 06:21 AM
avonall Posts 1 Registration date Monday April 1, 2019 Status Member Last seen April 1, 2019 - Apr 1, 2019 at 09:22 AM
I'm trying to connect two xbox 360's with an ethernet cable once they connect one console drops connection I think it's because the cable is 50 feet long. Is there a way to boost the signal through the cable so that we can play on both consoles in two different rooms without having too much lag?
Related:

3 responses

Blocked Profile
Apr 1, 2019 at 07:10 AM
https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/xbox-360/console/connect-system-link-play#ac4155ed170442d1b7fdadb3a670db84

50 feet might be a bit too long that the signal isnt strong enough.

I would either try a shorter cable or buy a 5 port gigabit switch and 2 shorter cables.

Connect the xbox to the switch then from the switch to the other xbox. This will shorten the length between the two xboxes and ensure no loss of signal.
Blocked Profile
Apr 1, 2019 at 07:29 AM
If I may, ethernet is good to 333 ft. It drops because the cable is not a crossover. If you are connecting two devices together, then the wire from one devices "mouth" needs to be connected to the "ear" of the other device, other wise it is communicating "mouth" to "mouth" and nothing is listening. A crossover cable accomplishes this!
Blocked Profile
Apr 1, 2019 at 07:22 AM
Just to add to this, you need to be using a cross-over network cable when connecting xbox to xbox.

the switch i mentioned above mitigates this problem.
Blocked Profile
Apr 1, 2019 at 07:30 AM
I guess I should scroll down a little more next time. Kieferschild got it!
thank you for all of your replies. I have a cat 6 cable but it is not a crossover cable, which is probably my problem. can I use two crossover adapters at the ends of my current cable to fix this? Also do you know if cat 6 will work on an xbox 360?
Cat 6 is not a problem, only use one adaptor, or you will be reversing the path back in the second adaptor.
avonall Posts 1 Registration date Monday April 1, 2019 Status Member Last seen April 1, 2019 > Blocked Profile
Apr 1, 2019 at 09:22 AM
thank you so much I really appreciate you taking the time to help me. My kids are going to think its Christmas or something thanks