How do I delete WindowsImageBackup?

Closed
Flawlessduck - May 4, 2019 at 05:34 PM
Lia45 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday June 6, 2019 Status Member Last seen June 12, 2019 - Jun 6, 2019 at 04:27 AM
It always says it's being used in another program. I've tried resetting the computer and I've tried resetting file explorer. I've also tried turning off the schedule and then deleting.

No matter what I do, it always says "it's being used in another program". It's over 200GB! I need it deleted, please help.

3 responses

David-Johnson26 Posts 7 Registration date Wednesday December 21, 2016 Status Member Last seen May 13, 2019 1
Updated on May 13, 2019 at 04:37 AM
If you are using windows 10 so this allow you to backup system image backup and save previous versions of your file regularly. So this operating system has many backup features to protect system and files. If you want to delete windows image backup so follow these steps.

Go to setting >Update and Security > Backup > Go to backup and restore (open the old image backup tool) > click on Manage space.

Now you will see Mange windows backup disk space, you can click on view backup to select any of the image backup file to delete. Select and delete. [In the case of if you have previous image backup file]
After this you can also change the function of how windows manage the previous image backup. Then go to change setting and you will find two options: (a) Lets window manage the space used for backup history. (b) Keep only latest system image and minimize space used by backup. So here you can choose (b) options. I hope this method will definitely work.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169
May 4, 2019 at 05:39 PM
Hi

Image backup are to restore the computer to factory settings, they cannot be deleted.
How can it be designed to restore the computer to factory settings when it's 200 GB? It never was there before I decided to make a backup.
Ambucias Posts 47356 Registration date Monday February 1, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen February 15, 2023 11,169 > Flawlessduck
May 12, 2019 at 04:50 PM
What is the make and model? What is your operating system?
Lia45 Posts 2 Registration date Thursday June 6, 2019 Status Member Last seen June 12, 2019
Updated on Jun 6, 2019 at 04:28 AM
I'm using Win 10 and can say that in order to do that, you should choose the Start→Control Panel.
Then under the System and Security heading, click the Back Up Your Computer link.
Click the Change Settings link.
Click the View Backups button.
If you want to delete a backup, click it once and then click Delete. ...
Click Close and then click X to close the Backup and Restore Center.