Registration date
Friday May 31, 2019
Status
Last seen
May 31, 2019
- May 31, 2019 at 05:02 AM
Hi all.
Hopefully someone can help.
I have a caravan on a site with a WiFi booster installed. I pay for the booster which should be exclusive to the caravan but is open access and anyone can go on. Despite complaining site have failed to resolve the situation. So.......

I thought I would be able to introduce a router with password protection in the caravan by intercepting.

I have managed to use a previous router from home and been able to reassign and change password but cannot get WiFi through it. It is an ADSL connection so used port 4.

Any ideas anyone? Think router just needs to be configured somehow to sites config.

Thanks
See more 

2 replies

Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
July 22, 2019
Thank you
Just put a password in the network. Secure the network!
mfarrington606
Registration date
Sunday May 5, 2019
Status
Last seen
May 6, 2019
-
Thanks mark.
I appreciate that but I need to install the router first onto the main broadband input. I have assigned the router and a password but the broadband/WiFi is not coming through.
I am guessing it is a config problem.
ac3mark
Registration date
Monday June 3, 2013
Status
Last seen
July 22, 2019
1161 -
Ok, first of all, router behind router is never a good idea. A router performs routing, amd unless you have specific network sgments being controlled by the routers, two routers are never a good idea! Your isp provided gateway is all the router you meed. It performa both the gateway function (translating long haul protocols, I this case adsl, into ethernet), and the routing. Place the extender into the isp gateway. Secure the isp network with an encrypted wpa2 protocol. That should be it. Ethernet on cat5 is good for 330 ft.
bkdroid13
Registration date
Wednesday May 29, 2019
Status
Last seen
June 27, 2019
1 -
Thanks for your information. its helped to me
Respond to ac3mark
Registration date
Friday May 31, 2019
Status