LG Smart TV

Solved/Closed
Greyth0rn Posts 5 Registration date Saturday November 5, 2016 Status Member Last seen June 1, 2019 - May 17, 2019 at 02:59 AM
Greyth0rn Posts 5 Registration date Saturday November 5, 2016 Status Member Last seen June 1, 2019 - May 18, 2019 at 04:58 AM
I recently subscribed to Netflix streaming directly into my LG Smart TV. Since then, the tv struggles to stream videos via the internet or from You Tube - it takes an age to buffer and then shows a few seconds of video and starts to build up the buffer again. Prior to Netflix I had no problem streaming online videos. My Netflix streaming is smooth - no glitches. Has anyone had this problem and is there a solution other than dropping Netflix? I'm on a Wtth connection and the download speed is around 8 to 9 mbps, so that is not a problem.
Thanks.
Related:

2 responses

Blocked Profile
May 17, 2019 at 07:08 AM
It is the placement of the tv in relation to to the wifi. If you used netflix on a usb stick or external devices, these devicea have a much better wifi than the one in the tv. Either go back to streaming to the device, or move the tv. Check you owners manual for best practices concerning low wifi throughput.
Greyth0rn Posts 5 Registration date Saturday November 5, 2016 Status Member Last seen June 1, 2019
May 18, 2019 at 04:58 AM
thanks ac3mark, the problem was with the isp - they were 'soft-capping' me for no reason. Sorted out.