Fans work loud without programs running

Closed
Skulltower Posts 1 Registration date Sunday December 29, 2019 Status Member Last seen December 29, 2019 - Dec 29, 2019 at 11:57 AM
OnlineTyping.org Posts 1 Registration date Monday August 6, 2018 Status Member Last seen January 2, 2020 - Jan 2, 2020 at 09:11 PM
So i turned on my laptop and the fan started working really fast without opening any program at the background, i tried some fan control programs and the BIOS but in none of them i can change the fan speed. I updated all the drivers and cleaned the inside of the laptop but nothing helps. I would like for help.
Thanks.
Related:

1 response

OnlineTyping.org Posts 1 Registration date Monday August 6, 2018 Status Member Last seen January 2, 2020
Jan 2, 2020 at 09:11 PM
It sounds like your machine is getting hot quickly and tries to cool itself off by running the fan at full speed.

There might be several reasons.

Air vents get blocked
Sometimes, dust and dirt block the air vents and it can't create enough airflow to cool down the CPU. In a situation like this, take a look at the air vents and make sure they are clean and have good airflow.

Something else is using the CPU
If dust isn’t the problem and you’re not doing anything CPU intensive, but your fan is still running at high speed, some other program on your computer may be accessing the CPU. It could be malware. Open Task Manager and check what program is accessing the CPU. If you get something unusual turn off the program and if possible uninstall it.

Hardware issue
Most laptops have a temperature sensor that controls the fan speed. If the temperature sensor got damaged, your laptop will unable to control the fan speed.

Hope this will help you.