Launched in 2016, OnlyFans is a social media platform, similar to Patreon, that allows influencers and creators to monetize their content by sharing it with other users who pay a monthly subscription fee. The main difference between Patreon and OnlyFans is that OnlyFans allows for NSFW and adult content.
What content is on OnlyFans?
OnlyFans is not exclusively about adult content. There is a wide range of content to explore, such as health and fitness tips, dance tutorials, creative writers, artists, musicians, chefs and more.
With unemployment on the rise as a result of Covid-19, more and more people are trying to make an income online during the economic downturn. In relation to this, the New York times wrote an article about how OnlyFans has forever changed sex work. OnlyFans made this kind of work more accessible with almost no prerequisites to producing adult content. In August 2021, OnlyFans did announce a ban on "sexually explicit content" on the platform, however there was a considerable backlash, and ultimately OnlyFans decided to suspend this policy change.
Is OnlyFans safe?
Personal Safety on OnlyFans
Both users and creators can remain anonymous. Creators can avoid showing their face, not use their real name etc. Additionally, it is often argued that Adult content creators are safer producing content, and earning money, on OnlyFans than if they were working on the street. If you have concerns about your personal safety, or are being pressured to make content that you want to, seek help. See this anti-abuse article.
OnlyFans Payment Options
Any payment on OnlyFans is done through a secure third party, so your card details will not be stored on the site. Any earnings received from an OnlyFans account will be shown as "Fenix Internet LLC" on any bank statements.
How to sign up to OnlyFans?
You can sign up to OnlyFans with Facebook, Gmail or an email address.
Do you have to pay for OnlyFans?
Once you have created your account you can either begin posting content, or start subscribing to other users. You will need to add a payment method before you subscribe. If you are producing content, then you will need to add this so that you can receive payment from your subscribers.
How much do OnlyFans subscriptions cost?
It depends on who you are subscribing to and what content they provide. The minimum monthly subscription cost is $4.99 and the maximum is $49.99. Below is an example of a creator’s subscription fees:
How much money do people make with OnlyFans?
The revenue of an OnlyFans content creator can vary depending on the quality and quantity of content that they produce. If a creator is producing regular content then there is more incentive for users to subscribe. Some of the highest earners get $100,000 a year. Creators initially receive money through subscriptions. For example if you have 100 subscribers who each pay a minimum of $5 per month, then that would give you $500. Minus the 20% cut from OnlyFans and you would have $400. Users can request specific photos, videos or commissions (for artists) from creators - who then ultimately decide whether or not they want to fulfil a request. This type of content typically generates more revenue. Finally, creators can also charge for private messages which allow for direct personal conversations between creator and follower.
Note: OnlyFans takes a 20% cut of any earnings.
Other social media questions, check out our forum!
- Fenix internet
- Fenix internet llc
- Fenix internet l
- How to make money on onlyfans as a woman > Guide
- I ain't got no money and need my account someone changed my password. I lost my > Forum - Facebook
- Internet can not open webpage for magicjack o > Forum - Programming
- Internet > Forum - Network
- Lenco xemio-657 fully charged not turning on > Forum - Audio
- How to delete boards and pins on Pinterest?
- Hi5 login: old account, with Facebook, online, sign up
- How to get a Clubhouse invite code: free, for Android, iOS
- What is Playsee: review, download
- How to delete Classmates account
- Stop Pinterest notifications: Android
- How to use Tinder Passport: for free, feature, app
- Download videos from Pinterest: app, iPhone, Android
- How to use Clubhouse: download app, join a room, etc
- What is Parler platform: download app, review
- Cancel Tinder Gold: on iPhone, Android, refund
- Best apps to manage your followers on Instagram, etc.
- LinkedIn Learning: courses, cost, certificates
- What are degrees of connections on LinkedIn?
- How to improve your LinkedIn profile in 2022?
- Social networks to boost your career: professional, business