Yahoo email date ordering incorrect on Chrome

Closed
adekil - Mar 31, 2020 at 05:03 AM
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   - Apr 1, 2020 at 03:26 AM
Hello,

Since Chrome updated to version 80.0.3987.100 my emails have been sorted into incorrect days and even years but I do not have Yahoo Pro subscription, therefore how do I contact Yahoo Support as the support options via the Yahoo website for non Pro customers offer only account access queries?

I have reported this to Google but they suggest after being unable to reproduce that this is a Yahoo issue.

System Configuration: Windows / Chrome 80.0.3987.149
Related:

1 response

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926
Updated on Apr 1, 2020 at 03:09 AM
Hello, you could try the Yahoo support page contact us, section... however as you mentioned I don't know if you will be able to talk to someone directly. If it imperative that you solve this issue you then you could sign up for 1 month and try their support no. but I don't think they would be of much help.

I recommend that you try logging into to your Yahoo account on a different browser, that way you can see whether or not it is Chrome that is playing up, or the Yahoo account itself.

Seeing how the issue arose (I assume, based on your comments) after the recent Chrome update, then a different browser may not have the same issue, and it is in fact a Chrome issue. Which is when you may need to recontact Google.

Or uninstall, and reinstall Chrome to see if that changes anything.

Let me know how you get on!

Regards

Hi David, Thanks for your reply. Yahoo email is working fine on all browsers other than Chrome.
Running chrome incognito doesn't help either so not an extension issue and the fact this happens on any PC running the latest Chrome browser with different settings showing the same issues, still points me to Chrome being the problem and was frustrated after months with Google Dev that they end up saying this is a Yahoo issue. I just wanted to contact Yahoo for them to confirm the same before I went back to Google. I appear to not be the only person with this issue as per below incident raised with Google.. https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=1052001#c20
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926 > adekil
Updated on Apr 1, 2020 at 03:26 AM
Well that definitely does just sound like an issue with Chrome. Hopefully considering there is a lot of users with the same issue then Google will react and release a patch.

An alternative, albeit temporary, solution could be reinstalling an older version of Chrome, pre update, before this was an issue (until the issue gets resolved).