There are several possible situations where you can't sign in to your Yahoo! Account. It can happen because you forgot the password, someone hacked your account or Yahoo! blocked it for safety reasons. In this short article, you will find what went wrong and how to fix it.
It’s no big deal if you forgot your password. Click on Forgotten Password and if there is your mobile phone written above click on Yes, send me a code. Otherwise, you can use Sign-In Helper to recover your password.
If you can not access your Yahoo! account and some of your friends or colleagues received spam or unusual mail from you, this might mean that your account has been hacked. This could lead to malware and spyware being downloaded when your family and friends open their mails and click on any links. If this is the case, you should secure your account and recover your password as soon as possible. Use Sign-in Helper to verify that this account belongs to you and follow the procedure.
For security reasons Yahoo! Mail automatically locks your account if there have been several attempts to login with an incorrect password. In this case you can use Sign-Up Helper or wait for 12 hours when the lock will be removed.
If your browser automatically filled in your passwords on mail services or other systems and you changed it recently, you might experience problems while signing in. Check your browser settings and write manually your password to reset the outdated one.
- When you login always make sure that the internet connection is working properly
- Make sure you are using the correct lettering: check if caps lock or number lock are activated or not as needed.
- Always keep in mind the recovery information such as secret questions, additional email or telephone numbers related to your account, because it’s the only possibility to bring back your account
- Use two-step verification process on your Account Security Page to better secure your account from hackers
- If you change password always clear caches and cookies from your browser to reset the auto-fill settings and sign-in manually.
- Yahoo mail login
- How to switch to classic Yahoo Mail > Guide
- Yahoo mail Session has expired > Forum - Yahoo Mail
- View Website Desktop Version on Android
- Yahoo Mail shortcut: icon, desktop > Guide
- Add Yahoo account to Outlook: 365, 2019, 2016 > Guide
- Create Yahoo email: free, fast, without phone number
- Recover Yahoo account: password, with & without phone number
- Sign into Yahoo: with Facebook, with Google
- Yahoo Mail attachments: download, not showing
- Change Yahoo email password: iPhone, Android, desktop
- Delete Yahoo Mail account: permanently, from phone
- Access Yahoo Mail: Android, iPad, on phone
- How to enable the preview pane in Yahoo Mail