How to disable images in Chrome: Android, iPhone, extension
You can configure Google Chrome to disable images being disabled on certain websites. This article will show you how to get started. The steps should work for Android and iPhone mobile devices and also Mac and Windows browsers.
How to disable image files from displaying in Chrome?
- Open Google Chrome and click the Customize / Control Google Chrome button > Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Show Advanced settings.
- In the Privacy section, click on Content settings.
- In the Image section, select Do not show images.
- Click on OK to validate. You will now no longer see photos on Chrome. If the setting is not updated, close all current Chrome tabs and reopen Chrome. To revert back to your previous settings, follow the above instructions and select Show all images instead.
Is there an extension that blocks Chrome images?
If you prefer to use an extension, then you can do that. One of the best extensions is ImageBlocker, which is slightly easier to implement than the standard Google Chrome settings. ImageBlocker hides or unhides images on any given webpage with the click of a button.
Need more help with Google chrome? Check out our Forum!