No display from motherboard

Closed
TeeeJay Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday May 5, 2020 Status Member Last seen May 6, 2020 - May 5, 2020 at 04:27 PM
 TeeeJay - May 19, 2020 at 04:44 AM
Hello, I have just installed my old motherboard in a new case. It was working fine when I last used it a few years ago and when I got it out of its packaging to fit it, it looked immaculate. I can't see any damage.

The standby light turns on so there's power to the motherboard and the CPU gets warm quickly. A case fan doesn't turn on but the CPU cooler does.

I don't get any beep.

Video: https://imgur.com/a/meUhr0N

The keyboard doesn't show any power despite switching to several different ports.

I've changed the CMOS battery and moved the jumper to reset the CMOS.

I've removed all the RAM and cleaned it all with a rubber, then tried different sticks and slots.

I've installed a new CPU, which was like new (clean).

I've tried VGA and display port. I don't have any expansion cards fitted and using onboard graphics.

Please help me get it running.

2 responses

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926
May 6, 2020 at 02:24 AM
Hello, thank you for providing such a clear video!

After looking around our forums for possible solutions, I found this answer.

The problem is always due to the graphic card failure. I have a lot of experience with this problem.

It's simple as this.
1. If you have an external graphic card and you get this problem. Then probably your graphic cards busted.
2. If you have an integrated graphic card and you get this problem. Well, Sorry but its about time you replace your motherboard. Integrated graphics are not fixable.
3. If its the external problem. Then switch to the integrated graphic card (Thats if you have one) or get a new graphics card either with your warranty (if its valid) or buy one.

Other Solutions:
1. This solution is for external graphic card holders only. This problem is very common due to dust residing on the graphic card/graphic card slot. Just take out the graphic card, and with a paint brush clean the metal parts and the graphic card slot. Be very careful when doing so as this slot are very delicate. Would suggest you to not follow this.
2. This problem may occur if you computer heats up very much.
Clean up the insides of your PC with a paint brush at least once a month. (Due to Dust)
Try hooking up an extra cooling fan to your PC to reduce the heat.
Keep your PC in a well ventilated area such as close to a window.
If your PC is a expensive one, try installing a liquid cooling system to it. May at least cost 300$.

Hopefully this can help you.

Let me know how you get on!
TeeeJay Posts 2 Registration date Tuesday May 5, 2020 Status Member Last seen May 6, 2020
May 6, 2020 at 03:18 AM
Hello David, thanks for your reply. I understand your logic but would that stop the motherboard from booting at all (no power to the USB keyboard that works on another machine)? Could there be another explanation?
Well?