Downloading Mod Games are safe?

Closed
GodYato1 Posts 1 Registration date Sunday September 6, 2020 Status Member Last seen September 6, 2020 - Updated on Sep 7, 2020 at 09:22 AM
KathyHuff Posts 2 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2020 Status Member Last seen January 19, 2021 - Jan 19, 2021 at 03:55 AM
Can anyone tell me that downloading mod games is safe? Are modified version of apps safe enough? I want to download Clash of Clans Mod APK but afraid that maybe my account got banned? Can I download it from this website? Link: DELETED
Related:

7 responses

HelpiOS Posts 14295 Registration date Friday October 30, 2015 Status Moderator Last seen April 14, 2024 1,891
Sep 7, 2020 at 05:43 PM
Hi,

According to Supercell, the use of mods is considered cheating, therefore your Clash of Clans account will be permanently banned.
prince0052 Posts 7 Registration date Saturday September 5, 2020 Status Member Last seen September 8, 2020
Sep 8, 2020 at 08:12 AM
Honestly, the only 100% safe thing to do would be to only use un-modded apps from official sources, or if there are official modded versions (as is the case with some games, for example, especially when they have been released as open source), to download those
lapon99 Posts 1 Registration date Thursday September 10, 2020 Status Member Last seen September 10, 2020
Sep 10, 2020 at 11:24 PM
I think MOD is also a way to have fun with unlimited games, however the game issuer they don't like this.
steven7MP Posts 8 Registration date Thursday May 14, 2020 Status Member Last seen September 18, 2020
Sep 18, 2020 at 06:35 AM
GodYato, you should understand that it all depends on each specific situation. As I know, there are plenty of modded versions of mobile games, which can hide their activity and nothing will show nobody that you're using a modded versions of a game application. Talking of which, I don't like to interact with something modded in any game, I like to see the original gameplay, cause it's the only way to get true pleasure. Clash of Clans is one of those games where I like to spend some free hours, but also I prefer to play Gardenscapes, Shadow Fight 2, and Monopoly Slots, and some others, which I found on the developers portfolio website ( https://www.ilogos.biz/ ). It's really nice when any person can spend few hours and relax, playing indie games, especially when you know that game developers made everything in a perfect way, and you will be more and more excited on each next level during your playing time.

Didn't find the answer you are looking for?

Ask a question
It really depends on the source. If they are trustworthy and known throughout the community for the app in question then probably yes and you should research what others have to say about the mod (forums etc, assuming they are there. discussed), but otherwise it's a real gamble especially if you're just looking for cracked / licensed versions of paid apps (a very common way for bad guys to trick users into infecting themselves with horses of Troy and others).

Honestly, the only thing that is 100% sure would be to only use unmodified apps from official sources, or if there are official modified versions (as is the case with some games, for example, especially when 'they were published as open source), to download them.

The type of app you're trying to download can also play a big role in this, as some apps are more likely to be targeted by malicious actors than others. For example, pirated paid software as I mentioned before is a common target, as are many games, especially those launched through Steam, as many threats seek to collect Steam login information and game assets that have value (such as in-game items that they can sell for real money).
Lewis-H Posts 5 Registration date Friday September 25, 2020 Status Member Last seen September 25, 2020
Sep 25, 2020 at 07:27 AM
It is absolutely okay to install apps from unknown sources or installing mod apks unless your phone is not rooted. ... If a simple kids game app is requesting for camera, audio or read message permissions, then it's not safe to install that application.
KathyHuff Posts 2 Registration date Saturday May 23, 2020 Status Member Last seen January 19, 2021
Jan 19, 2021 at 03:55 AM
As far as I know, the game apk mods are simply a modified version of the original, it does not harm your device, but it must be emphasized that it is only safe when the website provides the game. play mod apk that download must be reputable