Recover conversations and everything

Closed
aprengo Posts 23 Registration date Monday 3 August 2015 Status Member Last seen 23 November 2022 - 27 Feb 2021 à 05:00
HelpiOS Posts 15600 Registration date Friday 30 October 2015 Status Moderator Last seen 1 October 2026 - 28 Feb 2021 à 11:42
Hello, I don't have whatsapp security copy on the cloud.
I only have the folder in the internal memory : Whatsapp.
I have copy this folder to the new device where I have the new whatsapp account associated to the same mobile number.
I have not recovered the conversations.
What can I do ?
1. I have closed the account in the old device. Now is associated the number in the new device. Can I close the account in the new device and reopen to see if the databases in the folder whatsapp are recognised ?

Best Regards




System Configuration: Windows / Firefox 86.0

1 response

HelpiOS Posts 15600 Registration date Friday 30 October 2015 Status Moderator Last seen 1 October 2026 1,880
28 Feb 2021 à 11:42
Hi,

Yes, you can uninstall the app to restore the local WhatsApp backup, but first you must rename the backup file you want to restore. Here are the instructions for doing so.