Facebook introduced a Secret Conversation feature that encrypts your chat so it can not be seen by anyone else. In this article, we will tell you what is a secret conversation on Messenger and how to start and protect it.
What is a secret conversation on Facebook Messenger?
Secret conversation in Facebook Messenger is a new way of chatting in a safe and protected place meaning that your chat is end-to-end encrypted and can be seen only by you and the person you’re talking to. It is only available on Facebook Messenger on Android and iOS but not on the Facebook app nor on the web yet.
Note: To turn it on you can be asked to do so by switching it on if it is not on already.
How to start a secret conversation on Facebook Messenger?
To start a protected end-to-end encrypted chat on Messenger, you can simply open the app, click on the writing icon in the upper right corner, then select secret in the same top-right corner and choose the person you’d like to write to. Finally, you’ll see a lock icon next to your conversation meaning that it is well protected. Now, you can chat without worrying that someone else can have access to your chats.
How to set my messages to disappear in secret conversations on Messenger?
You can set your messages to self-destruct after a certain amount of time on Messenger. To do so, follow these instructions:
On iPhone and iPad
Start a secret conversation as described above, and tap on the timer icon in the text tab. Scroll down to choose the amount of time you’d like your messages to disappear afterward: from 5 seconds to 1 day and tap Set timer.
Go to your chats and choose the pen icon and select to whom you’d like to write. Select the timer icon and set the amount of time after which you’d like your messages to disappear completely.
How to remove your device from secret conversations?
If you’d like to remove one of your devices from a secret conversation, the method is simple. Go to Chats and tap on your profile picture in the upper left corner. Next, in the menu, tap on Privacy and select Secret Conversations, then Delete. Note: Keep in mind that you can not remove the device you are using right now.
- Facebook secret conversation
- Secret conversation facebook
- Secret conversation gmail
- Messages disappearing on messenger > Forum - Facebook Messenger
- FBMarketplace messages folder has disappeared from iOS App > Forum - Facebook Messenger
- Search in conversations on Messenger not possible anymore > Forum - Facebook Messenger
- Facebook forgot password and secret word [solved] > Forum - Facebook
- Facebook can't be reached [solved] > Forum - Internet/Social Networks
- Download audio from Messenger: on PC and mobile
- Turn off Messenger chat heads: on iPhone and Android
- How to pin contacts on Facebook Messenger
- Vanish mode on Messenger: meaning, not working, turn off
- Appear offline on Facebook Messenger: iPhone, Android
- How to turn off notifications on Facebook Messenger
- Block someone on Facebook Messenger: iPhone and Android
- Send attachments: in Messenger and on Facebook
- Add people on Messenger: from Facebook, phone number
- How to auto-save photos in Facebook Messenger
- Send voice messages on Messenger: for iPhone and Android
- Tips and tricks for Facebook Messenger on Android
- How to start a group chat: on Facebook, Messenger
- Restore archived messages on Facebook Messenger
- How to use Messenger without a Facebook account
- Use Facebook Messenger: download app, features
- View and manage Facebook Messenger chat requests