If you are having trouble logging in to your Facebook account, this can mean a lot of things: your account could have been deactivated, hacked or maybe you simply forgot your password or email address associated with your account.
What are some general tips?
With your email address or phone number
To recover your account by using your email address or phone number, go to the Facebook home page and under the password field click on Forgotten account? and type the email address or phone number associated with your Facebook account.
If Facebook recognised your profile automatically, all you’ll have to do is to reset your password with a confirmation code. Choose whether you want to receive a confirmation code on your email address or telephone number. Select the desired method and press Continue.
When you receive a code, insert it into the Enter the Code tab and click Continue. Now, you can change your Facebook password and reactivate your account.
If Facebook didn’t recognize your profile go to the Facebook Recover page, enter your Facebook email address or phone number to identify your account. Then, follow the instructions above to recover the password and regain access to your account.
If your contact details have changed
In the event that you changed the email address or phone number associated with your Facebook account, the procedure of recovery will take a bit more time and effort.
When you have found your account, but don’t have access to your email address or phone number, click on No longer have access to these? at the bottom of the pop-up window.
By following the Facebook instructions, enter your current phone number or email address/ and click Continue, so Facebook can get in touch with you.
Next, click on Reveal my trusted contacts (close friends that can confirm your identity) and type the full name of your chosen contact. If you have written it correctly, Facebook will show you the list of all your trusted contacts and you can contact them to obtain three security codes.
If all has gone well, all you have to do is to create your new password and link your Facebook account to a new telephone number or email address.
With Facebook Support Contacts
If you still haven’t managed to recover your Facebook account, go to Facebook Support page, upload a JPEG photo of your ID or passport, email address, or phone number that was associated with your Facebook account before, and click on Send.
Note If you no longer have access to your email address or phone number, report the situation to email@example.com and wait for Facebook security and support teams to resolve your problem.
What to do if your account has been hacked?
If your account has been hacked, the hacker probably changed your password so you can’t sign in. The good news is that you can still recover it with your old password.
First of all, report that your account has been hacked, and select My Account Is Compromised. Then, you will be able to use your old password to log in and change it.
Note: To secure your account, use complicated passwords, try password manager apps, and get used to a two-step authentification process.
- Wwww.facebook.com login
- Fb account hacked how to recover
- Deactivated facebook account hacked
- Facebook messenger login error unable to complete request [solved] > Forum - Facebook Messenger
- "webpage not available" https //www.facebook.com/login/ download > Forum - Facebook
- Facebook report login issue [solved] > Forum - Facebook Messenger
- Facebook.com login/identify [solved] > Forum - Facebook
- Facebook messenger login > Guide
- Recover disabled Facebook account: 2022, without email
- Facebook account review: how long does it take?
- Facebook confirmation code not received: what to do
- Recover a blocked Facebook account due to birth date change
- Reset Facebook password: without email and phone number
- Facebook group disabled: what to do?
- Change the Facebook video quality settings
- Nearby Friends on Facebook: iPhone and Android app
- How to turn off the auto refresh on the Facebook app
- How to get into a Facebook without the password
- How to download Facebook videos
- How to turn off private messages on your Facebook page
- How to insert special characters into a Facebook post
- How to delete Facebook browsing history on Android
- Primary Facebook email: change, add, and remove it
- How to add Facebook Messenger to home screen
- How to send a message to multiple users on Facebook
- How to download Facebook data: on mobile and on desktop
- How to add a Facebook Follow Us button to a website
- What is b.static.ak.fbcdn.net on Facebook?
- How to turn off comments on Facebook
- How to turn off automatic translation on Facebook
- How to share a post in a private message on Facebook
- How to check who viewed my Facebook profile (2021)?
- Change Facebook language: in browser and on Android
- What is Meta Horizon Worlds?
- How to unblock friends on Facebook
- How to change your birthday on Facebook
- Ray-Ban Stories: Smart glasses, price, release date
- How to turn off autoplay on Facebook
- How to delete a Facebook account
- Update Facebook account to a new version: change modes
- Comment ranking on Facebook: how to turn it on
- How to add name pronunciation to Facebook
- Facebook Leak: data and security check
- Save pictures from Facebook Messenger: to computer, to phone
- How to stop sponsored ads on Facebook 2022
- Voice and video calls on Facebook
- How to tell if someone blocked you on Facebook
- How to turn off the Microphone on Facebook
- Facebook badges: how to manage them?
- How to create and use polls on Facebook?
- How to change and reset Facebook password: mobile, computer
- How to block someone: Facebook
- Facebook Shops: create store, review, features
- Facebook Dating: review, activate, add info
- How to leave a Facebook group
- Create a Facebook avatar: Android, desktop, iPhone
- Appear offline on Facebook chat: via web browser, app
- How to upload contacts to Facebook: Android, iOS
- How to use Facebook Marketplace: for business, limits, scams