Issue Loading websites with firefox

Closed
ASQ22 - Jun 21, 2008 at 12:54 PM
 Ash - Aug 13, 2010 at 04:17 PM
Hello, I have windows XP Sp2 and i got this weird issue that some websites like (gmail, hotmail, amazon, ect) dont load with firefox, and this happened after i got the firefox 3. With explorer works fine, on safe mode works too. I tried the system restore but i just got the last know good configuration when i came back it worked but just for one time becuase when i restarted the nb, the same problem again. I disabled the cookies and it moves further, i was able to get to the logging screen on gmail but after that i could not continue because the website request for the cookies to be enabled.
I´ve been reading a lot on the forums and stuff, and i tried a lot of steps; i got rid of Kaspersky because a read it got some problems with firefox, i ran Spyboot search and destroy, ad ware, the microsoft removal tool, vundofix; all was eliminated. I also remove my profile on firefox and create a new one. I remove the firefox 3 a install the 2 version and still the same frinking problem, I read one post http://forums.mozillazine.org/... on a fourm i tried that and did not work, i flush the dns, ping the websites on cmd thay were good, I done a lot and i know ist not all but im out of ideas and i dont want to reinstall the OS again because i got a feeling that even after that i still gonna have the issue,

Any help would be apreciated
Thanks
Related:

4 responses

You can follow this:
->Open Firefox 3
->Tools
->Advanced
->Network
->Settings
->Manual Proxy Configuration (asserted)
->Use this Proxy server for all protocols (asserted)
Thanks for the tip Omi.

That issue has bugged me since I upgraded from FF2 and your solution worked perfectly.

Slaps self *SLAP* ... should have searched for this weeks ago ;)
Thank you so much omi i have tried everything to get it work and then i did exactly wat u said and it works perfectly
yogui7 Posts 132 Registration date Wednesday February 20, 2008 Status Member Last seen February 6, 2009 28
Jun 22, 2008 at 03:16 PM
Hello!

i think that there is not other solution than reinstalling OS :(
omi, on Monday 1 September 2008 à 22:03:47
You can follow this:
->Open Firefox 3
->Tools
->Advanced
->Network
->Settings
->Manual Proxy Configuration (asserted)
->Use this Proxy server for all protocols (asserted)

Thanks very much, it really works,that is the right solution for the problem !!!
Thank you. This helped me too..!
this didnt help me, im on firefox 3.5, im trying to load up www.katz.cd and various others, its loading text and few little bits but not the full site, somewebsites arent loading at all unless i use www.hidemyass.com or something similar.... any ideas? :)
I recently had similar problem. Unable to access my financial accounts, other links to various websites also produced blank pages. Had recently installed tor button. Disabling tor button in add-ons returned everything to normal.