Security checks preventing log in

Closed
C.m. - Jun 8, 2021 at 11:56 PM
 C.m. - Jun 9, 2021 at 07:50 AM
Hello,

Someone tried to access my Facebook account from an unknown device and because of this Facebook locked my account until I was able to do further security measures. When I tried to do this it asked for my password to log in which was fine but secondary asked for a code from the Facebook code generator which I am unable to get because I can't log in to facebook. I have tried alleyways they suggest to log in but all still ask for the code from the generator. How can I access this if I am completely locked out of my account.

Any help would be much appreciated.

System Configuration: Android / Chrome 90.0.4430.210
Related:

1 response

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,926
Jun 9, 2021 at 03:13 AM
Hello, if you haven't received your Facebook Code, have a look at this article which explains what to do.

You can also follow the steps here on the Facebook support page if you created your account with a mobile device.

Regards
David Webb

Content Editor and Community Manager - CCM.net

Thank you for taking the time to answer. I had a look at what you suggested but these seem to be more for when creating an account. Im not having any trouble getting emails for password change or verification it is something totally new to me. I don't remember ever having set up the 2factor authentication but I understand alot of companies and programs are using them now so I am worried because I didn't officially set it up that I won't have all I need to use it. The Facebook code generator is something I've never had to use before.