Breaking the Great Firewall

Closed
Simon - Aug 14, 2021 at 07:55 AM
David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   - Aug 16, 2021 at 09:36 AM
Hello,
Hi there,
I'm an English teacher who works for a school in China but I'm British and live in London. I teach my students online.

The problem is that there is a new Chinese policy coming in that will make it impossible for Chinese students to study with teachers who are based outside of China. As you probably know, China has a history of blocking selected foreign websites, so I don't think blocking foreign teachers will be difficult for them.

I've used VPNs before while staying in China, but what I was wondering was if there is a kind of VPN that would allow students to connect with me in London but to appear that they were connecting with someone else in China?

System Configuration: Macintosh / Chrome 90.0.4430.93
Related:

1 response

David Webb Posts 3177 Registration date Monday November 25, 2019 Status Administrator Last seen May 15, 2023   6,925
Updated on Aug 16, 2021 at 09:39 AM
Hello, I guess if you used a VPN that said you were connecting from China, your students connections would then appear to be from their location in China to another location in China.

However, the main problem with this idea will be finding a VPN that has locations in China. I just checked ExpressVPN and there isn't...

Regards