Sorting table without messing up formulas

Closed
Matpi - Sep 24, 2021 at 02:15 PM
TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 - Sep 27, 2021 at 12:07 PM
Hello,
I'm trying to create an excel file to manage my diet and meal plan and counting macros.
I have in the same file a table filled with different kinds of food and their macros beside each one.
Then I use this table to calculate kcal and macros of what I eat using ie. =Cell1*Cell2, where cell2 contains data from the table.
The problem with this is that whenever I sort the table Cell2 doesn't contain the same data anymore and gives me a wrong result.
What could I do?

System Configuration: Windows / Firefox 92.0
Related:

1 response

TrowaD Posts 2921 Registration date Sunday September 12, 2010 Status Moderator Last seen December 27, 2022 552
Sep 27, 2021 at 12:07 PM
Hi Matpi,

Could you show us how your sheet looks, to find a suitable workaround for your issue?

You can use screenshots or upload your workbook to a free filesharing site like wetransfer.com and then post back the download link (always be careful with sensitive data). In case of screenshots, also let us know which cells contain formula's and what formula's you use.

Best regards,
Trowa